DIY - Cleaning Recaro Material Seats

Kenshin X

Disclaimer: Neither me or TOCAU is responsible for damage to your interior seats/recaro seats whatsoever. Do this at your own risk!

Hey guys, I just thought i'd write this small and simple guide up as I haven't seen one like this in TOCAU.

Recaros over time being an alcantara material will need cleaning over time due to dirt and grime. This guide will show you how to properly clean those dirty recaros and get them looking smick again ;)

Anyways these are the recaros. they are SR4s. will work on any recaros except the leather ones.

DSC01988.jpg

The things that you need for cleaning them

DSC01990.jpg

bucket of warm water

cotton cloth

vacuum cleaner with the appropriate attachments

Your favourite interior shampoo (i used Autoglym Interior Shampoo as i knew this will not make the colour fade)

old toothbrush

3M Scotchgard (not pictured)

1) Vacuum any loose dirt from the seats, make sure you get in all those hard to reach places with the attachments

2) With the cotton towel, dampened with water, go over the entire seat and make sure all of it is soaked enough with water. don't over soak it. Just enough so the material is darker than the dried up parts.

DSC01993.jpg

3) With the interior shampoo, spray evenly throughout the area. for the subborn stains, agitate a bit with the damp cloth or an old toothbrush.

DSC01996.jpg

4) with other parts just use your hands to rub over the surface of the seats, make sure there are little bits of foam coming from the shampoo.

DSC01995.jpg

5) when finished lightly go over the whole seat with a damp cloth once more to remove some excess shampoo from the seat.

6) vacuum the seats again to assist with the drying of the seats and to lift the seat pile.

7) let it dry for 24 hours before putting on the 3M scotchgard. The scotchgard is optional but if you want to keep the seats cleaner longer, i recommend buying a can and use the full can (you get approximately 4 coats each can)

you know your cleaning it right if some dirty water drains in the bathtub :P

DSC01997.jpg

My Recaros werent that dirty but its always good to start from fresh :)

Before

DSC01930.jpg

After

DSC02005.jpg

Not much difference i guess :P but u can see on the left seating facing u, there is a bit of a black stain on the left arm bolster. after cleaning it, it was gone ;)

Enjoy!

Clear, concise and very easy to follow instruction. The method should work on any seat as I'm doing pretty much the same thing. The only difference is I'm using 303 products to clean and waterproof the seats.