newbie on new car and newbie mods

Schy

hi guys, so i am planning to change my tires and lowering the car a bit.. but the problem is im new to all of this and don't really know what set of tires to buy with all the sizes and specifications.. if anyone could help please.. i need help bit by bit to improve the looks on my new car.. hehehe!

is it advisable to change tires at this point even if it is just brand new? or change them later? any help would be good..

i have the 2011 corolla ascent sport sedan if that helps..

thanks in advance guys!

Haha! If only im close to sydney! Where do u think i should start? I need brighter lights and thats where im starting at.. Put some lights in.. Lols..

Haha! If only im close to sydney! Where do u think i should start? I need brighter lights and thats where im starting at.. Put some lights in.. Lols..

Make the effort to come to one of their meets and I am 100% sure they will be happy to discuss your options and tell what you need to do/buy to achieve what you desire! The same applies to other states as well. :)

Check out this ZRE Corolla FAQ too. :)

Hey dwee! The prob is im 6-7 hours away from sydney.. Hehe!

Ive checked the zre faq thread also.. But to be honest, i don't know what they are talking about sometimes.. Lol! Im realy a noob.. Hehe!

I want to go for looks first.. Ahehehe!

Another question.. Will it be good to have hid on high beam? Or better to get philips halogen just for flashing people? Will u use high beam with hid for long drives? Wont it blind people?

Is it also good to change fog lights to hid? Hehe!

Another question.. Will it be good to have hid on high beam? Or better to get philips halogen just for flashing people? Will u use high beam with hid for long drives? Wont it blind people?

Is it also good to change fog lights to hid? Hehe!

nahh not a good idea, i got hid on my high beams, and barely use em,

and ofcourse it will blind people,

HID for foggies is okay, but go for the temp of 3000k imo

I was thinking of blueish like 12000k for my foggies.. Hehehe! What do u think? And say like 10000k on high beam?

up to you on what colour, my mate had purple on his foggies,

but as i said, you wont be using high beams much, its still up to you if you want to get it,

even if its just for flashing people, note that it still needs to warm up,

yeah it needs to warm up.. hehehe! well, i'll just see first how they would look like.. lols!

any help on should i change wheels or wait for a few months first before i change them? and springs to get it lowered? XD

I dont have bixenon headlights though.. I reckon i won't use high beam often though.. So i just might put it one on high beams just for looks?

I dont have bixenon headlights though.. I reckon i won't use high beam often though.. So i just might put it one on high beams just for looks?

yeah go for it man, its your car, im not saying dont,

but i gotta admit, it does look good with both low and high beams on HIDs,

my bulb failed on me <_< ( damn H4s ) attempting this look :P

I might just do it jeffy! Hahaha! I'll start with lights in the car and then think of getting new wheels and getting the car lowered.. Im just after the looks and not so for the performance.. Hehehe!

Any suggestions??? :D

Hi guys.. Just wondering if any of u guys know where to get the black strip at the bottom of the rear bumper like on the pic in this site:

http://2011-toyota-corolla-info.blogspot.com/2011/03/2011-2012-toyota-corolla-s.html

I reckon that will make my car look better!

Hehe!

I might just do it jeffy! Hahaha! I'll start with lights in the car and then think of getting new wheels and getting the car lowered.. Im just after the looks and not so for the performance.. Hehehe!

Buy my wheels! :P

Get these ones from ebay I got 2 sets about 2 weeks ago now for low beam and foggies in 8000k nice blue colour.

Dwee, can't afford them atm.. Hehehe! Will have to save up for new set of wheels..

Arc, yup! Got HID in the list as well! Hehehe! Is ur 8000k really bluish or white with a tinge of blue?

Dwee, can't afford them atm.. Hehehe! Will have to save up for new set of wheels..

Arc, yup! Got HID in the list as well! Hehehe! Is ur 8000k really bluish or white with a tinge of blue?

Tinge of Blue personally I wouldnt go any higher though.

thanks jeffy! yeah they are pretty much how they look like on mine.. lol.. but if i look on them on the front, they seem like pure white.. lolz!

i'll try to get some pics and post them for u to see..

I really dislike those super bright HID that looks like high beam. Is that what happens when you don't use a projector? If so, please get the projector, it's really blinding and annoying to other drivers.

I really dislike those super bright HID that looks like high beam. Is that what happens when you don't use a projector? If so, please get the projector, it's really blinding and annoying to other drivers.

yeahh its off, i got defected, and am getting onto projectors, :)

Edit: but thats with the "black covers off" , with it on, it doesnt blind people,

298115_237644372953770_100001246268216_729650_957031712_n.jpg