I'm BACK!!!!!!

moggillsx6

First off hope everyone has been behaving themselves while I've been off working lol

So the SX6 has been going strong...strut brace fitted.....K&N continuing to amuse me and upset other motorists...king springs in and riding nicely....Now have a few bits coming from overseas to add, but now I'm back in brissie and can get back into modding the black beast i've struck a few walls.

1. Rotors are a bit worse for wear and have been machined once but i'm looking at replacing it all and giving it some extra stopping power. I've looked through the threads and opinions are divided (as always) but i'm sensing the general vibe is replace the rotors with original sized ones and use good pads?

2. Can't for the life of me find (might be having a girl look) what the offset is for aftermarket rims? Got the standard ones on at the moment but the tyres are on their way out so same as the brakes I figure its time for rims. I am thinking 19's with some good rubber but want to be sure of the fitment before I start forking over the cash.

3. Reputable Brisbane roll cage installer. I know some won't agree but i'm back onto plans to run it at sprints in the future for something different and want a good, road legal cage slotted in.

Any help would be appreciated as always....Good to back.....And no the car wasn't flood damaged :) Sat in the garage for 4 days while we bbq'd and drank beer and watched it all on TV :whistling:

cheers TOCAU!!!!

1. Rotors are a bit worse for wear and have been machined once but i'm looking at replacing it all and giving it some extra stopping power. I've looked through the threads and opinions are divided (as always) but i'm sensing the general vibe is replace the rotors with original sized ones and use good pads?

You could do that, but for a good bang for your buck mod considering you plan on taking yours to the track (would only cost a couple to a few hundred more than getting DBA4000's for the fronts), you can follow Steve's findings:

Brake Options - Standard Aurion

2. Can't for the life of me find (might be having a girl look) what the offset is for aftermarket rims? Got the standard ones on at the moment but the tyres are on their way out so same as the brakes I figure its time for rims. I am thinking 19's with some good rubber but want to be sure of the fitment before I start forking over the cash.

+45mm

3. Reputable Brisbane roll cage installer. I know some won't agree but i'm back onto plans to run it at sprints in the future for something different and want a good, road legal cage slotted in.

Someone else will have to chime in on that one. I reckon SuperDave might know. From what I've heard, you can't exactly have track approved and road legal at the same time, therefore meaning if you have it road legal, in the end you will only be able to enter road legal categories. I'm not sure, I'm just saying what I think I heard.

First off hope everyone has been behaving themselves while I've been off working lol

So the SX6 has been going strong...strut brace fitted.....K&N continuing to amuse me and upset other motorists...king springs in and riding nicely....Now have a few bits coming from overseas to add, but now I'm back in brissie and can get back into modding the black beast i've struck a few walls.

I'm about to change my brake upgrade for a 2nd time this weekend which means I will have my semi-track capable brake setup for sale shortly - it's only been on the car for about 2 months. It includes new rebuilt twin piston calipers, larger rotors and QFM A1 pads. It pulls you up VERY nicely.

Outstanding steven!!! Do they not over-brake the car when running the standard rotors on the rear?? PM me when your ready with a price and we'll sort something out...1 more mod down by the sounds of it, few more to go :)

Mine is well and truly out of warranty now so all bets are off :D

Outstanding steven!!! Do they not over-brake the car when running the standard rotors on the rear?? PM me when your ready with a price and we'll sort something out...1 more mod down by the sounds of it, few more to go :)

Mine is well and truly out of warranty now so all bets are off :D

I've found them very well balanced. PM sent shortly.