Help urgent clutch welded..?

I was driving my car the othernight when i blew my clutch I've had a weird rattle noise coming from the clutch hard to explain but I think I broke the pressure plate now today I drove my car to work and as I was coming home te car jolted and and then kept on going then about 5 seconds later the same thing happened but the car stalled.. Pulled over and started it again for about 10 seconds then it stalled now the car won't start...? Anyone help I think the clutch is welded to the flywheel but shouldn't it start in neutral...? It goes to crank but seems like it's stuck..? Help please

does it crank over, or is it completely jammed?

Can the crank be turned with a spanner from the balancer?

I've had an exedy disc that popped a spring completely jam up an MR2 driveline before.

my money's on it being the clutch, but if it's an issue with the long motor, that basically means a piston/rod/oil pump has failed and the motor is siezed. If the head's undamaged then all that would be required is a short motor to get it back on the road quickly.

You basically wont know until the box is removed and clutch inspected.

so the crank was jammed one day and it wouldn't turn over, but now it starts?

It wont be the timing chain, it can't stretch far enough to get the crank and cam synch's out of alingment so it wont start.

Sounds like clutch plate has popped a spring. Northy did 2 exceedy and a TRD all in the same way. The housing around the spring cracks and then the spring falls out and jams it in gear. He got stuck in 3rd gear on the freeway in peak hour traffic and drove from Beenleigh to Springwood to Toyota to get it fixed LOL

They only ever break from driver abuse......

looked at the car last night and its bottom end knocking i spun a bearing in cylinder number 2 :(

lift is a sometimes food - these cars are not meant to be able to take constant abuse - after all it is just a corolla.

they can take a fair amount of abuse on the stock ECU, it's got the safetynets built in to prolong the life of the engine. When you put in a lower-end ECU like a powerfc you lose all those safety nets, and it doesn't take much to ruin a bottom end without them.

A complete new bottom end is ~$2400 from toyota RRP, add a gasket kit and head studs and you could get away with repairing the car under $3K with DIY labour