New member - Ghost 5

Ghost 5

Hi All, just introducing myself as a new registration to this site. Glad there is a Toyota Club in Brissy!

I have had my 1992 Celica SX (ST184R) for just over 3 weeks now; it's always been my dream car. I sold my 2002 Corolla Ascent Seca just last Friday (it had more K's on it than the Celica!). The Celica is fantastic to drive - I feel like a big kid... :-)

I don't know much about cars, but in the first week of owning it I had secured 2 owners manuals and a Hayes repair manual for it. These helped with getting the AC compressor fixed (a faulty gasket - which a AC mechanic replaced and regassed it for me), the headlights fitted with Xenon bulbs, a parking bulb changed, a front plastic bar thingy above the front bumper changed, the spoiler and licence plate reflective glass surround replaced, and I even figured out how to strip (and sort of clean) the car antenna so it's working now! A local mechanic replaced 2 engine mounts and gave it a general tightening of bolts in various areas.

It still needs a little mechanical work, so hopefully there might be some other Celica 5th gen owners here who might be in the know and can give me some tips on what to look for or who to see to get things fixed that's honest and reliable.

Why the name "Ghost 5" ? Well, it's always hard thinking of a name on sites so I chose this one because my Celica is white (like a ghost) and it's a 5th generation...

Anyway, Hi everybody! I might pop out to one of the Thursday meets in Brissy and meet some other members!

Do they still meet every week - if not, when is the next one?

Edited by Ghost 5

Welcome to the club dude :] !

answer to your question, im pretty sure they still meet everyweek, just post your questions there or something,

other than that, enjoy your stay :)

Welcome to the club dude :] !

answer to your question, im pretty sure they still meet everyweek, just post your questions there or something,

other than that, enjoy your stay :)

Thanks, jeffbro! :-)

hey ghost 5,

your name is quite cool. when i first bought my white st184 i nicknamed it ghost too :D

but not cause it was white, cause it was quiet and had pop up lights LOL id ghosty people i used to cruise with at night down nsw. :D

now its called liger, cause its in transition from a doughy cruiser to a half respectable street car.

by next year it will be renamed typeZ or the Z, in reference to the legend of the wangan midnight videogame/anime datsun 350z

that and it will be a one of a kind 5sfze st184.

your name well suits lol.

hope to see you at the weekly thurs night TOCAU meet you can find all the info on it in the forum "meets and events."

in regards to celica turnout there are 2xST162's, 2xGT4's, 1xST184 (mine) and you have (mick who has owned like almost every model in every gen-currently owns a sexus :D,) and Trent who runs the same motor but in a camry(well did before it became a 5sge) both these guys are encyclopedias on celicas and im sure we can help you with any prob you have.

(yay finally another st184, im excited, LOL)clap.gif