Sound deadneing the ZRE Doors?

iVaz

Hey All,

Was just wondering, if anyone here has taken apart there front doors? As well as their rear doors? The reason, is because I want to change my front speakers & Sound deaden it heavily, & my rear doors, pretty much just to sound deaden.

Now I was told that, removing the front doors, on a ZRE is harder than it seems, but I don't actually believe it to be so.

So if anyone can help me out, and tell me what I should be doing...

- I have already sound deadens my parcel shelf, I just now need to do just my front & rear doors...

Behind the handle there is a cover, take it off, you will find a screw. Pop out the window controls and disconnect the wires. Then pry the door trim from the bottom, you should see two indents where you can put your fingers, then just pull towards you, then gradually, increase the spacing between your hands and making your way up both sides of the door, the door will eventually come loose. Then once all clips are removed, pull door trim up and wallah!

Behind the handle there is a cover, take it off, you will find a screw. Pop out the window controls and disconnect the wires. Then pry the door trim from the bottom, you should see two indents where you can put your fingers, then just pull towards you, then gradually, increase the spacing between your hands and making your way up both sides of the door, the door will eventually come loose. Then once all clips are removed, pull door trim up and wallah!

Thanks for that, I guess I will have to give it a try, and when done i'll throw some pictures up :)

Thanks for that, I guess I will have to give it a try, and when done i'll throw some pictures up :)

Can you remove my left door trim as well ? I cant open in from the inside, :blink:

Also, the way I learnt to do it, I found a thread about changing the speakers. Do a search and skim through a couple of the threads and you should find pictures to help you out. When I get home, I'll try to find it and send you the link :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well Today, I went to the Panel & Mechanic place, of where my car is being repaired, they let me play around in the doors, but also said that they are not held responsible (I accepted obviously...) & Well, it's actually very scary doing it the first time everything is friggen stiff and bricks, and I finally took apart my drivers door :) however I wasn't allowed to put sound deadening inside, or do anything to it :( The bad thing is when I put all of it back together, it doesn't seem right? It seems like everything is TOO LOOSE now?

on a side note, are you going to use dynamite in the doors?

Its pretty awesome stuff and doesn't make the car quitier

Yeah, I didn't care for my car being quieter (Except for the engine, I want it to have ZERO SOUND in the cabin, but thats for another thread)

I'm just confused as to weather or not, my door is fine or not :(

I'll find out 2moro, when I go in again to inspect me car :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just getting back with an update, today I pryed my driver's door back, but I think I ****** it hard... since now, even with the dynamat all over the metal side of the door, and on the plastic it's self, I get a rattling noise from the window button's... and it sounds like a plastic on plastic rattling...

& I'm more than 100% sure I put all the clips back in place, mind you, it was friggen hard to take off!

remind me on the GOR cruise this month to show you some stuff :)

What's to show me?

Where in Melbourne are you? Can you help me sound deaden my left door, I seriously am now officially frightened to touch it, seeing as I heard all these plastic snapping noises, on my drivers door, while taking it off...

remind me on the GOR cruise this month to show you some stuff :)

What's to show me?

Where in Melbourne are you? Can you help me sound deaden my left door, I seriously am now officially frightened to touch it, seeing as I heard all these plastic snapping noises, on my drivers door, while taking it off...

pete lives in nsw vaz, he's coming down 3rd week november,

Oh damn, didn't know he lived so far...

But thanks Pete, for all the help and Don't Worry, I will credit you for all the help, when my car's entertainment is complete :)

It's okay Pete :)

I finally MASTERED my door :)

Double layer sound deadening, one of the actual door metal & one on the plastic door trim just to make 100% sure, and OMFG, I never knew Toyota used GOOD QUALITY Cheap products! I'm seriously amazed at what it sounds like...

Next step is a bit of a tough one, seeing as my parcel shelf already pushes the bass for me, but should I? (Do I really?) need to change my front speakers...

& other than that, even though the bass is barely enough, I want parcel shelf speakers that fully sound like Subwoofers :) (or even a hint close to it...)

Save me the hassle of having to buy a new sub and only get annoyed because I blew it up, because I'm a bass hungry idiot who cranks the bass so high, that my car does not have enough DC to power it :(