Advice on Getting a Kluger?

Cralis

Hi chaps,

I am looking to sell my 2008 Holden Captiva, for a 2010 Kluger Grande 2wd/4wd. White. :)

I am looking to get a used one with low mileage .. maybe off Zupps? Is there a starting price I should aim for? And, I don't do off road and all that. Is there a massive difference in anything as far as the 2wd and 4wd go? Fuel usage?

And is my car swop a good idea?

Also .. What are the services like? I pay between 500 and 700 for my annual on my diesel Holden Captiva at the moment.

I am averaging 11.9 fuel consumption using dual. Is the Kluger around the same?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cralis,

After 3 years in a 2008 Grande I'm happy with the purchase. I constantly get economry figures of 10.5 - 11 average over tankful after tankful with both the wife driving and myself over the weekend. Service costs for me were fixed for the 1st 60000 kms at $150 so I was very happy with that, even when I bought it 2nd hand at 8000kms. As for savings of a car swap, I would say there is not much way you can avoid taking some sort of a hit, unless you got the captiva for a steal.

Cheers

JB

We have a 2009 KX-R AWD and it's a great family car, heaps of space and very safe with all the airbags.

I have a tow-bar, side-steps, nudge bar and as mentioned, the AWD version which adds up to a lot of metal.

Therefore the fuel consumption isn't great and don't expect it to be.

The wife just filled up today after doing 488.6 km and it took 60.28 litres to refill, which works out to 12.3 l/100km. This is a bit of city cycle and a bit of highway cycle.

$1.27 per litre today so $76.55 to fuel up. It is usually about $80+ each refill for us.

The Toyota Service Advantage fixed price servicing at $170 seems good, but it is very frequent at every 6 months or 10,000km. Dealers make a lot of money from servicing and I think Toyota have worked out a way to make sure that is maximised.

My Commodore service interval is 15,000 km which is more realistic.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Check out Redbook for current market prices. I wouldnt do a trade in, sell privately if you have the time.

Kluger positives: Speed, comfort, space, high ride,Freeway driving as low as 8.5 fuel consumption

Kluger negatives: metro driving 12.5- 13.5 fuel consumption.

I pay $170 fixed service for 3 years.

Overall a highly recommended vehicle. Buy the two wheel drive if you are not planning to do off-road as it will save you heaps. Dont forget all Klugers have stability control and anti-skid to compensate.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest that $170 per service is actually pretty good, considering its a v6.

My only question is how much is the service after 60,000 ?

i had an xtrail (2.5 4 cyl petrol) and every service was at least $250 and it was the same interval of 10k. I agree that the Kluger would be better if it was avery 12k or 15k. But compared to other vehicles i think the servicing is pretty good on the kluger.

Also they dont have a timing belt which needs doing at 100k - which sames a lot of money!

cheers

Dreama

I would suggest that $170 per service is actually pretty good, considering its a v6.

My only question is how much is the service after 60,000 ?

i had an xtrail (2.5 4 cyl petrol) and every service was at least $250 and it was the same interval of 10k. I agree that the Kluger would be better if it was avery 12k or 15k. But compared to other vehicles i think the servicing is pretty good on the kluger.

Also they dont have a timing belt which needs doing at 100k - which sames a lot of money!

cheers

Dreama

[/quote Its a good deal for 3 years, a promo Toyota were running in 2010 to boast sales of larger vehicles during a time of increased competition and rising fuel costs etc. Not sure if this is still advertised. I supposed when the warranty runs out i could shop around for better servicing prices..

My other concern is ensuring that my Kluger is being serviced properly during the first 3 years as most Toyota service departments are extremely busy due to Toyota high volume sales.

• 3 weeks later...

I PURCHASED MINE A MONTH AGO AND IM PRETTY HAPPY WITH MY PURCHASE I LOVE THAT V6 ENGINE IT GOES LIKE THE CLAPPERS AND THE RIDE IS GOOD ECOMONY IM AVERAGING JUST UNDER 12LTS 100 TOWN 8.5LTS 100 HIGHWAY IVE EVEN HAD IT DOWN AS LOW 7.6LTS100 COMING BACK FROM SYDNEY TO DUBBO I LOVE ALL THE LITTLE NIK NAKS AS WELL SUCH AS THE REVERSE CAMERA TRIP COMPUTER DISPLAYS POWER HEATED SEATS .

• 2 months later...

Yeah I've had mine for four and a half years now and am still wrapped in it. Good fuel economy for the size of the car and I'm no pussy foot. Great handling in corners due to the mag wheels and low profile tyres along with all of the electronic super whizz bits that help to keep you upright provided you aren't a moron behind the wheel.

I guess it says something when I can honestly say that I haven't even consided an update or another type of car. Mine still runs like new at 76,000 km.

• 2 weeks later...

Peter I couldnt agree with you more mate, klugers give the best of all woulds, they offer great fuel economy, I reckon there as good on fuel as lot if not better than a lot of smaller suvs out there, power and performance is exellent, they would give most german and european suvs a run for there money, there well appointed and very comfortable they just eat up the miles, they have plenty of space for the family or any one that needs space to travel and there also a absolutly beutifull car to look at, the moment I first saw one I had to have one.

There a great all round car.