TRD Tyre Wear

Moto

Just after some info from you TRD owners on here. Have any of you had issue with tyre (other than the obvious!)? My tyres never wear evenly on the front despite rotating them and having them balanced/aligned at regular intervals. I got 10,000Km on my last set that wore heavily on the insides. This set are wearing heavily on the outer sides???

Just about to put new tyres on and wonder if there is anything I can get the guys to look at?? Camber etc all seems fine to the naked eye.

Just after some info from you TRD owners on here. Have any of you had issue with tyre (other than the obvious!)? My tyres never wear evenly on the front despite rotating them and having them balanced/aligned at regular intervals. I got 10,000Km on my last set that wore heavily on the insides. This set are wearing heavily on the outer sides???

Just about to put new tyres on and wonder if there is anything I can get the guys to look at?? Camber etc all seems fine to the naked eye.

tyre pressure ?

Haven't had an issue. Had the car since new off the showroom floor and i have only noticed a slight increase in wear on the inside edge ( front tyres ) but nothing noticeable. Have done 30000km on the original tyres and look like getting at least another 20000 out of them.......swapped front to rear at 20000.....

Tyre pressure has been maintained at the recommended pressure in the manual (can't remember exactly what that is now, though I should as I've done it enough times!). I got anal thinking it was a tyre pressure problem so checked it every few weeks for a while and they were always where they should be.

My driving style is very sedate, I mainly just drive to work and back in traffic and never cane it over roundabouts. I've had this car 3 years now and my only real complaint about it is the front tyre wear is ridiculous. It is definitely a problem with the car as opposed to my driving style.

Tyres have been supplied through several different places now and balanced each time (obviously). SO it can't really be an issue with a certain company doing it wrong.

I'd take it in to Toyota, but I don't really trust them to do anything other than charge me a heap of money just to tell me it's fine.

Thanks for the replies.

Steve

My tire wear is pretty much even all round, with the exception of the front left wearing slightly faster than the front right due to the nature of the car.

I have not had a single wheel alignment on this car for 115,000km. Should probably consider getting that checked one day though.

Toe, camber and caster measurements not within specs will cause tyre wear for sure. Be sure when you have your alignments done that you have both a front and rear alignment done. Wheel alignments are crucial, especially if you are running expensive tyres.