Pedders springs sit unevenly?

jaysonn341

Hey everyone,

Recently installed a set of Pedders Sports Ryder springs. Encountered a problem..

The drivers rear drop is slightly lower than the passenger rear side??

Drivers side is probably around just less than 10mm lower than the passenger side.

I am able to just insert two fingers between the wheel and the fender on the passenger side, but on the driver side, the same two fingers do not fit. The front drop is even, so no issue there..

Is this a problem? Looks wise, well you can't notice because you don't look at both sides of the car at the same time.

But this will probably cause some handling and possible tyre wear issues?

I did a search and no one had this problem...

Your input would be appreciated, thanks!

Edited by jaysonn341

Here's a question. Before you go ahead and start putting the blame on the Pedders springs.... did you take all round measurements on your stock suspension?

I was more open to suggestions of why this problem had occurred, as it could either have been an issue with the springs, the installation or the suspension of the car itself.

I did not take stock measurements... The thought did not cross my mind for some reason.

Are you suggesting that with stock suspension, the Aurion would still sit lower on the rear driver side?

It could indeed be an issue with the installation itself, or that the surrounding components (bushes, etc) have not settled in yet, but without a stock measurement, how do you know where the fault lies in your current issue.

Are you suggesting that with stock suspension, the Aurion would still sit lower on the rear driver side?

I'm not saying it would, but you can't rule out the possibility all-together.

Okay, so something must have happened over night and the drop difference has decreased to below 10mm... So the passenger side has sunk and my two fingers don't fit as easily as it did yesterday.

Must just be something settling in the suspension then... I think if I move my sub to the other side, it will help even out more xD

I guess there isn't much need to worry about a <10mm difference.