Importing from New Zealand?

Cheap Corolla

Hi there, I was just browsing the New Zealand autotrader and noticed that a majority of their cars are like japan spec and wayyy cheaper compared to the local ones..

I'm jus curious , :huh:

1) is it easy to impot a car (such as the one in the link above) from NZ here to Brisbane? like cost wise etc, is it worth it or not?

2) has anyone here imported recently ? just so they could give an idea how the procedure is , like smooth or is it a hassle :blink:

Thanks for the help! :)

Edited by riz

Cheap Corolla

Hi there, I was just browsing the New Zealand autotrader and noticed that a majority of their cars are like japan spec and wayyy cheaper compared to the local ones..

I'm jus curious ,  :huh:

1) is it easy to impot a car (such as the one in the link above) from NZ here to Brisbane? like cost wise etc, is it worth it or not?

2) has anyone here imported recently ? just so they could give an idea how the procedure is , like smooth or is it a hassle  :blink:

Thanks for the help!  :)

Wouldnt have a clue and probably a bit off topic but NZ has a large used JDM vehicles market, cheap vehicles (but high in quality) access to a wide range of vehicle parts and most models that are'nt sold outside of Japan like the Toyota Verossa. It was the deregulation of the vehicle market which removed vehicle tariffs back in the early nineties and which basically killed any vehicles being built up in New Zealand. Toyota like all other brands were forced to import vehicles fully built up and turn the old plants into refurbishing used JDM's, Toyota places these types of vehicles under their "signature class range" If OZ were to implement such a strategy it could potentially hurt local producers, wouldnt be a good sign for Holden or Mitsubishi etc.

post-1092-1125816121_thumb.jpg

post-1092-1125816143_thumb.jpg

Cheap Corolla

I'm jus curious ,  :huh:

2) has anyone here imported recently ? just so they could give an idea how the procedure is , like smooth or is it a hassle  :blink:

Thanks for the help!  :)

Your better off importing one from Japan, as it will be cheaper to ship. It might be further but they go from Japan to Australia many more times then they go from NZ to Australia. Your also still limited by the normal import rules such as needing complience :rolleyes: .

Kiwi Car Carriers (Shipping)

Import company

I have never used this company and don't know of anyone who has, but they seem good and I hear good stuff in import mags about them.

• 2 weeks later...