What to do?

Hi all

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I'm in the market for a used Kluger (max 2009, mileage pref <40,000kms, max $39k drive away, pref with towbar and dvd, although not deal killer) and have found a few via carsales. Now my dilemma is this - do I:

1. buy the base KX-R with lower kms and price but without any fancy stuff like leather seats, towbar, reversing camera, roof racks, etc or

2. buy the next level KX-S AWD with leather seats, rev camera, towbar, etc but with higher kms on the clock eg. 44,000kms.

I'm looking at a 5 year novated lease from work and, being an accountant, I'm trying to maximise best bang for my buck with an eye on future mileage, usage, FBT (min 25,000 kms/year) and eventual resale value.

Whats the consensus? go for the cheaper base model with lower kms or middle model with more stuff but higher kms?

Thanks

the wife wants the leather seats, etc (she'll be driving it) but I'm thinking of the maintenance costs etc especially after year 1 when the toyota fixed price maint thingy ends, so thats 4 years of being at the mercy of every mechanic in Bris. Obviously I want both, but yeah the $$ is what counts at the end of the day.

well my question is - is buying a used 2009 Kluger KX-S AWD but with 44,000kms worth it for around $38k drive away? certainly has the features (leather seats, rev camera, towbar, roof racks, etc etc).

well my question is - is buying a used 2009 Kluger KX-S AWD but with 44,000kms worth it for around $38k drive away? certainly has the features (leather seats, rev camera, towbar, roof racks, etc etc).

That seems to be a fair price.

These are around 60K when brand new.

Keep in mind that there has been a slight facelift on the 2011 model Kluger.

if there isnt that much for a price diffrenece between the both i would take the one with the leather.. even though its got a few more km on it later on when you want to sell it you can atleast say it has leather 20k km more would bother me but its up to you good luck

• 2 months later...