Anyone experienced this issue?

organc

Hello from South Australia.

Have had my Sportivo for about 2 years now and have recently run into a little issue that I thought someone may have heard about before.

The only mods I have done to my car is a sports exhaust. This has made a significant difference to the drivability of the car, and the 'restrictive' feel below 6200 rpm. I had a very unrestrictive exhaust put on, and noticed that when you put your foot down and lift engages at 6200 rpm in 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th (Have not got to sixth in lift yet!) there is a slight hesitation just as you hit 6200 rpm, then it rockets off.

I had the exhust modified slightly as it was way too loud, to a slightly more restrictive one. This had an effect on the issue, the list issue above only was noticable when the car reached optimum temperature. It is ever so slight now but it annoys me.

Any ideas?

C

Errr, lift engages at 6000rpm. It might seem like 6200rpm as the needle is rising rapidly at that point, particularly in 1st and 2nd gear.

Welcome, and did I pull up next to you about 18 months ago on North Tce (I have a silver Sportivo). If you are that guy, you asked me whether I'd ever had a problem with shifting gears, which is another story...

Anyway, my exhaust is stock and I've never had any problems with hesitation or lift - EXCEPT for when I removed the trumpet fromthe top of the stock airbox. This presumably made the airflow turbulent over the MAF sensor and made the engine behave very badly. Could be a similar issue in your car - have you got the original airbox or recall airbox + ECU ? Any mods to your intake?