Replace toyota hilux 2WD wheels

wmawardy

hi, i have toyota hilux 2009 2WD with 5 stud.recently i try to fit a ford territory wheel in but kmart auto tyres said it doesn't fit because the hole is not attach properly. however now i like to change my tyre with Toyota kluger wheel with the size of 19X7.5 ET35 5/114.3. and the tyre i'm thinking is 225 45 R19/225 50 R19.

is this wheels will fit into my hilux? is it affecting the braking system? thank you in advance.

Hi mate how are you.What he is referring to is the centre hole in the wheel itself is larger than the required size to allow it to sit nice and snug on the hub,as this is what carries the weight not the wheel studs.All they do is hold the wheel on,To work out what size hole you require just measure one of your original wheels,your spare will do,from memory I think it is 59mm.I also put larger wheels on my 2wd 4.0 v6 SR dual cab. I tried a set of alloy 17x8 off a Territory and mate they looked sh*t hot but the tyres were the biggest issue keeping the overall rolling diameter close as possible to avoid the speedo out of wack and the main concern getting tyres of the correct LOAD RATING being a commercial vehicle,because if they are any LESS than standard fitment if you have an accident the Insurace company will drop you like a hot spud.Kluger wheels will fit like a glove.I went 16x7 original Toyota Kluger alloys,235/60 tyres, 100-load rating,V speed index.Any wheel with a PCD of 114.3 will fit,eg; Ford falcon,X-trail,Vitara BUT THEY HAVE to be LOAD RATED.Go to a tyre dealer such as Bob Jane and pick up a catalogue that shows all the relevant fitments and load index ratings and get their thoughts on the matter.That bloke at K-mart was doing the right thing and not just throwing them on for you and taking your money(THUMBS UP ).Its not worth blowing your insurance for a set of wheels,, hope that helps you out mate,

Cheers CONROD

Edited by CONROD
  • Like 1

Hi mate how are you.What he is referring to is the centre hole in the wheel itself is larger than the required size to allow it to sit nice and snug on the hub,as this is what carries the weight not the wheel studs.All they do is hold the wheel on,To work out what size hole you require just measure one of your original wheels,your spare will do,from memory I think it is 59mm.I also put larger wheels on my 2wd 4.0 v6 SR dual cab. I tried a set of alloy 17x8 off a Territory and mate they looked sh*t hot but the tyres were the biggest issue keeping the overall rolling diameter close as possible to avoid the speedo out of wack and the main concern getting tyres of the correct LOAD RATING being a commercial vehicle,because if they are any LESS than standard fitment if you have an accident the Insurace company will drop you like a hot spud.Kluger wheels will fit like a glove.I went 16x7 original Toyota Kluger alloys,235/60 tyres, 100-load rating,V speed index.Any wheel with a PCD of 114.3 will fit,eg; Ford falcon,X-trail,Vitara BUT THEY HAVE to be LOAD RATED.Go to a tyre dealer such as Bob Jane and pick up a catalogue that shows all the relevant fitments and load index ratings and get their thoughts on the matter.That bloke at K-mart was doing the right thing and not just throwing them on for you and taking your money(THUMBS UP ).Its not worth blowing your insurance for a set of wheels,, hope that helps you out mate,

Cheers CONROD

hi CONROD,

thank you for your reply. i just ring up kmart auto tyre different branch, they say that kluger wheel will not fit into hilux because the hilux hole is bigger. this bloke said the same thing as i try to put the territory wheel. it really make me really confuse.. however i need more of your expertise, so you said the kluger wheel will fit nicely right? even with the 19 inch. and i found the tyre complete with the wheel with the size of 245/55 R19 load 103 speed S (bridgestone Dueler H/L D400). is this wheel will suit the hilux? so if i change to kluger wheels is my insurance will become useless? thank you for your help. cheers.

Edited by wmawardy

Hi Will, mate I can give you these 2 phone numbers ring them up and verify first hand.Explain to them what you intend to do and they can give you a definate answer in regards to legallity eg; correct LOAD RATING,offset etc

CSA MULLINS WHEELS---ph MELB 03 93572333

WHEELS INTERNATIONAL VIC ph 03 97064244

From memory the hole in the centre of your wheel is 59mm, if you install a wheel with a larger hole you require a tapered ring to allow the wheel to centre itself on the hub and as such allows the wheel to sit true and it takes the weight off the studs as they will be not only holding the wheel on but be carrying the weight as a result (bad mistake).

But the wheels I have on are load rated,114.3 pcd,perfect fit on hub,and have been on the dual cab since I purchased them brand new off spares Dept when I bought the ute new,hope that helps out mate,but if you can take one of those 19" suckers to a wheel/tyre mob,preferably some one who fits alloys day in day out and get them to fit it and then you can see for yourself how they look,fit and check there will be no issues with rubbing especially when you turn lock to lock,cheers CONROD

Have a gander at this William,I scanned it off the CSA catalogue I have and you can clearly see what SUV, and other vehicles with a relevant Load rated wheel share the same pcd /offset as the 4x2 Hilux.If it is a bit hard to read save it in your pictures folder than click on it and enlarge it.This should put your mind at ease.The catalogue is dated 2006,so unless the new Klugers have a different stud pattern there is no reason why they shouldnt fit,take care mate and let us know how you get on;;

cheers CONROD

post-18351-0-32739400-1324281683_thumb.j

• 7 years later...

Hey @conrod, hope you're still around. I'm trying to do what you guys have done in the past. I've got some spare wheels from my Lexus IS250 which I want to fit to my 2WD Hilux. 

I've done some calculations and everything seems to be fine but just confused on the centre bore thing as well. The IS250/Kluger share the same centre bore of 60.1mm but I looked online and it said the Hilux's centre bore is 106.1mm so I'm kinda confused seeing as 106.1mm seems to be a hell of a lot bigger than 60.1mm but people have fitted Kluger rims previously fine to the 4x2 HIlux and people are advertising the IS250 rims as fitting as well - any insight into this at all? Haha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/7/2019 at 10:48 PM, Harlo said:

Hey @conrod, hope you're still around. I'm trying to do what you guys have done in the past. I've got some spare wheels from my Lexus IS250 which I want to fit to my 2WD Hilux. 

I've done some calculations and everything seems to be fine but just confused on the centre bore thing as well. The IS250/Kluger share the same centre bore of 60.1mm but I looked online and it said the Hilux's centre bore is 106.1mm so I'm kinda confused seeing as 106.1mm seems to be a hell of a lot bigger than 60.1mm but people have fitted Kluger rims previously fine to the 4x2 HIlux and people are advertising the IS250 rims as fitting as well - any insight into this at all? Haha

Did you get the IS250 rims to fit with no problems? I’m looking at a set now for my 2013 RWD GGN15R

• 1 year later...

Hi mate, wondering if I could put camry rims on my 4x2 hilux. I’m looking at 16”, the centre bore and lugs specs all match. Is this doable or a good idea?

Edited by Jahxxx

1 hour ago, Jahxxx said:

Hi mate, wondering if I could put camry rims on my 4x2 hilux. I’m looking at 16”, the centre bore and lugs specs all match. Is this doable or a good idea?

which camry rims are you wanting to put on please post a pic or please tell us from which camry (year/model) ect ect ?

On 5/17/2022 at 10:55 PM, Jamie Edwards said:

which camry rims are you wanting to put on please post a pic or please tell us from which camry (year/model) ect ect ?

I was looking at potentially the 2016. Something like the picture below. Can't say too much of the specifics because I haven't settled on what I'll use. Let me know if you need any other information. cheers

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 6.25.17 pm.png

5 hours ago, Jahxxx said:

I was looking at potentially the 2016. Something like the picture below. Can't say too much of the specifics because I haven't settled on what I'll use. Let me know if you need any other information. cheers

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 6.25.17 pm.png

not to be rude or anything but if your trying to go for style points on your lo-lux i think you can do better than them 🤪

23 hours ago, Jamie Edwards said:

not to be rude or anything but if your trying to go for style points on your lo-lux i think you can do better than them 🤪

Yeh I know haha. Just seen them around a couple places and if I were to get them I would black em out. Any other rims u would recommend then but ?

1 hour ago, Jahxxx said:

Yeh I know haha. Just seen them around a couple places and if I were to get them I would black em out. Any other rims u would recommend then but ?

search toyota lo-lux images in google it will give u some ideas

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I have territory wheels on my 2wd hilux. 2006 model. You can buy rings the go between your hub and new tyre centre bore. My hub is 60.1 and territory wheels centre bore is 70.6 so i just got the ring spacers on ebay for 20.00

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/222430635211?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=705-154756-20017-0&ssspo=dtwV4lZNRh-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=oFjSvXccS6W&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY