Time to choose new brakes for Auris

Hi guys!

One year ago guys at Toyota service told me that I'll probably need to change my brakes at next service.

What would you suggest? I don't want superexpensive like Brembo and I don't want anything made for racing which brakes bad when cold. I like driving fast so I need all the possible braking power but I don't want brakes which squeak and don't work properly when cold.

I'd also want to invest a bit in the discs if it will increase the braking power or the looks. For the looks I'd like grooved and/or drilled ones. But don't know if they'll suit my needs.

Also low dust level pads would be nice.

Any suggestions?

Dixcel Rotors from Japan, top quality. Available in 6 and 12 slot - http://www.dixcel.co.jp/en/rotor/

Dixcel also do great pads, and a low dust option too - http://www.dixcel.co.jp/en/pad/street.html

Im running Endless SSM pads. Zero dust, couldnt be happier with the stopping power.

Dixcel Rotors from Japan, top quality. Available in 6 and 12 slot - http://www.dixcel.co.jp/en/rotor/

Dixcel also do great pads, and a low dust option too - http://www.dixcel.co...pad/street.html

Im running Endless SSM pads. Zero dust, couldnt be happier with the stopping power.

+1

I just received my Dixcel rotors for my Lexus, and i know they are top quality. Some other members here have had great results with Dixcel pads too, so i thought i would post that also. Dixcel is a major brand in Jap street, drift and circuit racing. They know their stuff.

No squeaking noticed, a few stabs at the pedal is normally enough to generate a little warmth in the Endless SSM's, nothing too crazy needed to heat them for normal street use.

Ps, Im running standard rotors on the ZRE. On the Lexus, Dixcel HST high carbon rotors 12 slot, and Endless SSM pads on both front and rear.

Thanks for your replies guys. Just not sure if these japanese brakes will fit my Auris. It's produced in the UK and the brakes are a bit different compared to japanese... Need to investigate a bit more by asking some distributors.

• 1 month later...

Ok I got some new info. Endless brakes aren't available for UK built Auris. I only managed to find one distributor of Dixcel brakes, still waiting for response!

I am also looking at Ferodo ATM and waiting for Black Diamond quote... Regarding the brake discs, I'll be ordering some dimpled and slotted ones, probably from company called MTEC.

I have the TRD Blue brake pads (part of the TRD Performance or GT range for the Auris) on my ZRE and although initially there was a bit of squeal they have bedded in and there is almost no noise now (maybe 2 squeals a week?). The dust levels are fairly low compared with the standard pads and the stopping is a big imporvement.

Edited by jps137

Guys, which brake disc style do you suggest? I've got plenty options to choose from. Drilled, slotted, drilled and slotted or dimpled and slotted. I've hear that drilled ones may crack and slotted ones tend to provide more brake dust than the ones without the slots.

Also, I've got two offers. One is 230AU$ and the discs are from some random company. People have been happy though when I read reviews from the internet. Other company is Black Diamond and they're asking for double price. Is BD twice better aswell?