2003 camry sportivo dianostic connector

btk

Hi.

I was wondering if anyone had any wiring information on the diagnostic connector (labelled OBDII, but obviously not...) on the above model, Australian version.

If I connect a standard OBDII scanner, the abs light on the dash sits there blinking, but I can't connect using any of the standard protocols. Is there a different wiring configuration they've used, or some different protocols?

It's an earlier OBDII system so chances are your handheld doesn't have the data chip required. I've had 3 different OBDII scanners plugged in mine and none of them work.

A workshop OBDII reader however (those damn expensive ones you wouldn't bother buying for home use) will read it no problem.

There is no way around this.

As an electronics engineer I was thinking of making up something to work with it, but I need a bit of basic information. If someone had a wiring diagram indicating the functions of the different wires (I've been told their pinout is non standard) it would be a good starting point.

Ahh but you need the chip/program to read it. Toyota back then designed it so that you have to go to a shop to read it or if you want to buy the $7-10k workshop scanners... I have a code scanner that works on the newer toyotas and other cars, just not our era of camrys

Edited by STYLSH