White rims for a 1990

kate1990

Hey Guys,

Im slowly starting the process after many years of spending money on my much loved celica. Its not a GT or anything fancy but she makes me smile everytime I look at her :)

I'm wanting to go for some White (prefer 5 spoke) rims, but I'm just having trouble finding any I like.

Also that will fit?

Also what do people suggest as good starter mods? inclduing interior and exterior. :)

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated :)

Kate

If you do not reaaly want to hunt for more power just keep it simple with exterior mods. The wheels are 5 stud with a PDC of 5X100 which is the number of studs and the distance between them. For a normal celica i think go with a offset of 45 which i would try to explain in detail but is bit more technical. Its basically how the wheels sit in the guards. 45 will let them sit nicely in the guards.And maybe get some quality lowering springs and shocks, preferably not king springs. something like eibach and some new shocks as putting lowered springs on old shocks tends to make the ride a bit bouncy.and maybe a nice rear muffler to get a nice note. i recommend magnaflow as they give nice notes without being niosy or annoying. But before all of this make sure the car is in good condition such as serviced and replace worn out parts as you would rather have a car that runs everyday no problem, not just looks good and crap to drive day in day out.

You should also make a introduction thread in the new members thread, just to say hi and give breif details abnout yourself.

• 1 month later...

ozzytyres.com.au do a set of initial D white rims, they look very nice, would suit a 184 well especially if yours is also white, other options include SSR's, speedy also do rims to fit our cars, or you can check out the catalogs at your local tyre places, all depends if you want functional race rims or cosmetic/chrome wheels.

As for simple mods, go a decent CAI, 2 1/3 catback system with a set of 4-2-1 extractors(pacemaker, hurricane, wildcat, etc, made quite a noticable difference in sound, economy, and performance.

..However the 4-1's sound tinny and imo arent much of an improvement.

Could always go an aftermarket radiator/upgrade all your hoses,braided, piping, vacuum lines they do wear out and the age of the car doesnt help.

There are brake/rotor upgrades out there, check out RDA/DBA for slotted/drilled.

Can switch your standard headlights to projectors.

There is also bodykit options and gt4 hoods on carmate.com (aus supplier)

TWM Performance do short shifter kits.

There are engine cosmetics such as small anodized throttle bodies, chrome billets for radiator overflow, water reservior, power steering, pod boxs, etc on ebay. ;)

Decent set of strut bars does wonders on the 184's.

BC, D1, Ksport, tein, megane etc Coilovers are a good mod for n/a cars, can never improve your handling enough.

Could also waste a few $ on upugraded sway bars.

Internal upgrades on the 5s are not worth the $, dont bother unless your turboing, the 5s can take a sh*tload of abuse as i've experienced firsthand lol, and cams on a na 5s have to be pulled out of the car, sent off and custom cut for roughly $800..

Also not really worth it, it'd be lumpier but dont expect performance miracles.

Im far from an expert on cars, but i have looked into a tonne of options for the 5sfe's/celicas in general and as much as i can tell you i love the thing to bits(quite literally), its not a fast motor, nor is the car itself made for track.

But you can always make it look the goods. ;) GL

Edited by KIRIUS