Magnaflow cat back system

as i am about me and my car i don't have to prove ******* to you.

it is a variant on that system. and i have no guilt because i sat down with the exhaust guys and figured out what we could make to benefit my car. with several different parts. nil droning. i have the dynos it is on my garage my stock dyno was 105kw.

it does sound like a production sports though when wound up

- try the search button :P

Unfortunatley it's pretty hard to search for a dyno sheet that has not title and has no info on it. The dyno sheet in your garage(which I already have looked at) could be of anything. It makes no mention of "exhaust system before and after". So now I'm supposed to be a mind reader?

I wouldn't have made the comments that I have if you had a dyno sheet with some info on it. If you made 10kw gains then cool thats great but at least have clear cut proof of the gains as anybody can put a dyno sheet up without facts etc.

If I've offended then sorry but as you know this sort of thing has happened before and I'm tired of seeing "I got this much" without proof.

Cheers SILVABULLIT :D

I've seen Luke's Dynos and they are real gains.

Chris's system was DAMN loud but Luke's is modified to legal specs and has no drone but still the same gain.

The system is good.

Like Dylan i've also seen Luke's dyno sheet with TRD CAI/ Exhaust it has over 120kw atw so the exhaust must have done something.

But back to diameter of exhasut piping, the stock is 2.25inch already isn't it and has 1 resonator and 1 cat. But not trying to diss the CES system, it is a well made system and sounds good imo, as to loudness its gotta be if you are after more power especially NA, wack on a turbo or S/C and everything will quieten down :P

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Standard piping is some weird a55 size I mean it's not 2.25" but close to 56mm in diameter. As for the noise factor, mark 1 of the CES system had a different rear muffler which sounded awesome in lift and wasn't loud at idle but when tested it was nearly 110db and the drone in the car was insane! We then changed rear mufflers and dynoed it again and the output was exactly the same. So you don't always have to have noise to have the gains. :D

Standard piping is some weird a55 size I mean it's not 2.25" but close to 56mm in diameter. As for the noise factor, mark 1 of the CES system had a different rear muffler which sounded awesome in lift and wasn't loud at idle but when tested it was nearly 110db and the drone in the car was insane! We then changed rear mufflers and dynoed it again and the output was exactly the same. So you don't always have to have noise to have the gains. :D

Haha if gains were measured in noise my corolla would be quite quick indeed. I really need to find a way to get some sound clips...4th gear on the dyno and my 1zz sounded like an aircraft taking off!

I have to disagree with the whole "dyno sheet and labelling required otherwise your mods mean nothing" attitude though...

In my experience however, my 2.5" mandrel bent pipe and somewhat straight through cannon as well as fat extractors and high flow cat gave me a decent increase in low down power, at a small loss in top end (maybe a few kw, and no i dont have dyno sheets to prove, just have to trust me) however combined with CAI gave a 35% torque increase almost across the range (do have dyno sheets but cant get them up for show)

This of course however is a 1zz, not a sportivo, i have no idea how such a free flowing system would benefit lift.

Some like it quiet, some like it crisp, some like it loud. By the end of the day, personal refrence is what determines the modifications. If CES is able to make good power without the noise, that is great, but maybe not so great who wish to have it louder.

Ain't that right? No?

I have no problem with my CES system :P

How do you think the car would perform with the standard piping and just changingthe actual rear muff