ENGINE FLUSH

Hi everyone

I thought I would ask the question are engine flushes worth doing and does anyone think it would increase engine life, and if they are worth doing whats a good one to use.

would using a good fuels like bp ultimate,shell v power keep engines internals clean enough , or do modern engine run clean enough with normal maintainance. I never used engine flushes before in any of my previous cars and always got good runs out of them.

I always been very fussy with my car servicing.

Hopefully I put this post in the right section this time.

Cheers ronnyboy

OUCH! I think I will stick with normal regular servcing , I think I give the engine flushes a miss,especialy after watching those videos. I spoke to my service adviser at my toyota dealer he didnt recomend the engine flushes, he said that somtimes does more good than harm,especialy on older engines with more milage.

I've seen an engine sludge up (& die) after one of these flushes ...

Stick to regular servicing, increase oil service interval, or find evidence of a problem, before considering this.

Cheers luke..

What you said is pretty much what my local toyota mechanic said.

My engine runs sweet as a nut, the main reason I thought I ask if engine flushes are worth it or not is for exended engine life, Iam very fussy with my oil changes, I change my oil every 5000kms with a filter or six months which ever comes first. so at this stage I probaly stick to just regular serving and give engine flushes a miss.

• 4 months later...

But i seen my mechanics use engine flushes , injector cleaners as well does that means that they breach the rules ? although they are authorized service center for misubishi , hyundai and vw

Depends if the manufacturer specifies it. Everyone will have an opinion on the subject as to whether it causes harm. Personally I just run with 5000km oil and filter changes on my vehicles which works quite well.