Need mechanical assistance/advice

jack_the_lad

Hi Guys,

Been a while since I posted on here with my last issue (not really) and I am yet again seeking some help on how to fix the following issues.

I took my car to a local south side mechanic, as I was driving down the motor way and suddenly lost compression in the brakes.

Here is the report I got back, and also a quote of $1187.

Found rear left brake calliper piston seal is leaking brake fluid & mounting bolt has been sheared off.

Recommended Action: Overhaul rear calliper, replace carrier mount.

I am going to head over to ABC Auto group Oxley and see if I can get the parts I need. Unfortunatly I have no idea how to put it all together, and I am dead broke, seen as how I have been studying the last 9 months and still have 8 months to go :(

If anyone can help me out here, there is a carton of ***** in it for you, and I can take you out to belmont rifle range and pistol section, and you can have a crack. It's a good day out, you can bring a mate.

I am desperate to get this fkn thing fixed as I really dont want to have to catch a 2 buses and a train every day.

Cheers guys I appreciate any imput esspecially if someone can give me a hand on how to do it myself :)

Edited by jack_the_lad

Sounds like a rip off to me at that price... you could probably find a caliper at a wrecker for cheap or someone who knows what they are doing could replace the seal. The mounting bolt sounds like the trickiest part.. do you know someone with a welder? I also enjoy the old pistols and rifles.. I have a 308 Ruger myself.. :spiteful: I want to to get a pistol licence next. Wish I could help mate.. too far away.

get a new caliper and possibly hub assembly and some brake fluid and I will be able to do this for you.

If the car is a ST182,3,4 the rear hub assy. is the same as a gen 3/4 so just get the bits from ABC at wacol (they do have some celicas in there too), should cost you less than $50

I need to go there myself anyway on the weekend, so you could come with and I can help you grab the parts if your keen.

Thank's boys. Yeah mate the Rugers are a decent Firearm. Not 100% about the N.S.W Firearms registry but in QLD its a pain in the ***** lol.

PM sent Mick.

Edited by jack_the_lad

Well she is all fixed, thanks to Mick. He is a top bloke and very informative, Saved me over $1000 from bull**** artist mechanics who listed each problem seperatly to charge more. I got some new 9mm hollow point rounds for Mick to try out at the range aswell.

Thanks again Mick.