100 series lock on barn doors

mot

Gooday, have bought a 2006 model at auction, no keys fit the barn doors, wondering if it is the key that fits the glove box?

anyone bought one new to advise? or a solution?

Has a luggage mesh thing on the back seat so they cant get into the car but its a nuisance not being able to lock the back

appreciate your comments, cheers joe

Hi joe

Im pretty sure its the ignition key/masster key that unlocks the barn doors, sorry mate this might sound like a stupid queston does one of the barn doors have a key hole,If it has and the master key doesnt unlock it , it the must be the lock thats brocken. Does the car have central locking, I cant remember if the later 100 series standard wagon had it fitted or not, probaly just pop in to a toyota dealer they should be able to help you out mate .

Gooday Dave, thanks for the reply, yes one barn door has key hole but unfortunatly none of the keys i have will operate it, damn nuisance, thankfully the cargo barrier will keep the gremlins out for the moment, hopeing someone who has a 2006 model with barn doors lets me know what the story is, thanks again, cheers joe

• 3 weeks later...

The lock will be full of crap, flush it out with WD40 and clean all the dirt out of it. These are pretty simple to remove from the door too, if you do that you can soak the lock in something like shelite which will wash it out, then the key should work.

The lock will be full of crap, flush it out with WD40 and clean all the dirt out of it. These are pretty simple to remove from the door too, if you do that you can soak the lock in something like shelite which will wash it out, then the key should work.

Thats a good point mate, I didnt think of it at the time.

I had the same problem years ago on my old hilux, you would put the key in but it wouldnt turn, I end up giving it a few good squirts with wd40 in the key hole, put the key back in the key hole turned back and fowards a couple of times, hey presto the lock was working again.

you may have to do this a couple of times, and you may have to do this again later down the track,if the lock plays up again, I had to.

Edited by CROCO

Another thing that I forgot to mention is that your key could be too worn to work in the lock properly, as you wouldn't often use the lock on the barn doors and the key is used on the doors and ignition all the time. Getting a new key cut to code fixes a lot of lock issues and I don't mean go to mister minute and get a copy, go to a Locksmith and get the key cut to the factory code, it will cost a couple of hundred but will make your locks last a lot longer.