LANDCRUISER 4.2

CROCO

Hi everyone

I heard a rumour from a mate today that works in the mines that toyota could be bringing back the 4.2 diesel in the 70 series, personaly I dont think its going to happen,

I would love it if they bought the 4.2 turbo diesel back, i absolutely love those motors, I have driven them in the 100 series and 79 series tabletops and I think their one of the best motors toyota ever produced.

So I thought I would ask you guys here on the forum to see if you have heard anything or what your thoughts on the subject .

Edited by CROCO

yeah that was my thought when my mate told me, that the reason why toyota stop importing the 4.2 litres diesels, because they dont meet the later emission laws, its the same with 4.2 litre patrols.

Im pretty sure toyota still make the 4.2 litre diesel. but export them to countrys were they have poor fuel quality where the v8 turbo diesel comon rail fuel system wouldnt survive running on bad fuel.

I dont know where my mate got he sources from or whether or not there only importing for the mines only I dont know.

Im pretty sure toyota still make the 4.2 litre diesel. but export them to countrys were they have poor fuel quality where the v8 turbo diesel comon rail fuel system wouldnt survive running on bad fuel.

I dont know where my mate got he sources from or whether or not there only importing for the mines only I dont know.

All basically correct. I know some multi-national mining companies have previously imported what they wanted from other countries, but that is becoming less common with OH&S on many sites (requiring registration, for example). It also continues the other way, with V8's being exported (to Indonesian mines). All of this is relatively small scale and not really on Toyota Australia's books.