TCCAQ Show and Shine

Buddha

Sorry to put this out there so late, but I thought I'd throw the invite out to all SE Qld Toyota owners who might like to show their car off.

The Toyota Car Club of Australia (Qld) Inc is holding their annual Show and Shine this Sunday, 25 September, and all Toyota owners are welcome to enter, or to come and have a look-see if you prefer.

It will be held at Harry's Diner, Newmarket Road, Windsor. Registration starts at 9:30 am and judging begins at 10:00 am. There is a $5 fee per car to enter, but its free for spectators. Anyone not showing their car can park in the adjacent shopping centre carpark.

I believe Harry's Diner will be open as well, so there will be plenty of food and drink available if required.

If you're interested in showing, just PM me so we have an idea of numbers to expect.

Sorry to put this out there so late, but I thought I'd throw the invite out to all SE Qld Toyota owners who might like to show their car off.

The Toyota Car Club of Australia (Qld) Inc is holding their annual Show and Shine this Sunday, 25 September, and all Toyota owners are welcome to enter, or to come and have a look-see if you prefer.

It will be held at Harry's Diner, Newmarket Road, Windsor.  Registration starts at 9:30 am and judging begins at 10:00 am.  There is a $5 fee per car to enter, but its free for spectators.  Anyone not showing their car can park in the adjacent shopping centre carpark.

I believe Harry's Diner will be open as well, so there will be plenty of food and drink available if required.

If you're interested in showing, just PM me so we have an idea of numbers to expect.

Hey Buddha...

I forgot about this one. Lucky it's not Grand Final Saturday.

I may be there.....we'll have to wait til about Friday before I know for sure...

It will be held at Harry's Diner, Newmarket Road, Windsor.  Registration starts at 9:30 am and judging begins at 10:00 am.  There is a $5 fee per car to enter, but its free for spectators.  Anyone not showing their car can park in the adjacent shopping centre carpark.

Hey Buddha...

I forgot about this one. Lucky it's not Grand Final Saturday.

I may be there.....we'll have to wait til about Friday before I know for sure...

Same about Grand Final day ... my beloved Swannies don't often get the chance to play on the last Saturday in September, so I need to be at the telly, front and centre.

Could be a good omen if you're into numbers ... Swannies haven't won a flag since 1933 ... I'm 33 ... 1933 is 72 years ago ... I was born in 1972 ... their last grand final appearance was 9 years ago ... 3 x 3 = 9, 7 + 2 = 9 ... hell, I could go on all night!

Could we get a list of possible attendees? Maybe get a few of us together to put on a bit of a display??? Any takers with a clean car???

Yeah, that'd be a good idea ... I'll be getting there quite early to help with setting up and so on, but it'd be really cool if as many TOCA guys could convoy and be shown together. TCCAQ is still quite heavily old-school, so a heap of current shape Rollas together would look good there.

Numbers - you got too much time on your hands Buddha :P

Yeah - I will confirma ASAP, but as I recall the last TCCQ meeting, they said that they wouldn't mind some late model Toyota's..

Come on fellas, time to get out the polish....

I cant make it this year due to work commitments :(

So if anyone would like to take home the BIG trophie that I currently have sitting at home then PLEASE GO!!!!! I would love to se it go to another sportivo owner especially someone in our group :)

Just a heads up young derek from the tweed with hid loverly white sportivo i think will be entering.

I DEFINATLEY WONT NOW!

SOME @#$% just called to say they can't do my clutch........all this at 3.00 pm in the arvo!!!

@#$%^ @#$% heads

now I definatley cant even pop in to see who i have to hand my trophie to :(

It's ok Danthuyer you can just give it to me LOL. I'll look after it. ;)

OK, so it just looks like the Wed Rocket, Silvabullit and Buddhamobile for now, but don't let the late hour stop you ... if you're free tomorrow, just bring your ride along. Registration starts at 9:30am, so be there or be square!

OK, so it just looks like the Wed Rocket, Silvabullit and Buddhamobile for now, but don't let the late hour stop you ... if you're free tomorrow, just bring your ride along.  Registration starts at 9:30am, so be there or be square!

Buddha, I've been a cleaning, a wiping, and cleaning, and wiping and woops - it wasn't even my car.... :P it was the bullit....

I will be there, but my car will be in the spectators car park.

Yep the bullit was as clean on the underside as it was on the top. A big thanks to Azza for your help in prepping the car for the show. Car looked great on dispaly and had plenty of attention paid to it ;)

I watched the judges doing their thing and were checking for cleanliness; the guy looked under the bonnet then looked under the wheelarches and just started shaking his head. He then got on his hands and knees and looked under neath. He then got back back up and walked away shaking his head with a smirk on his face. :P He then came back for another look at the whole car and must have cut at least 2 full laps around it :lol:

I think he was checking his reflection :lol: It was a good day with a few cars from the Starlet forum attending and a few from the Twincam forum as well. It would have been nice to see a few more late model Stivo's/corollas there to bolster the late model ranks but maybe next year!!

Cheers Silvabullit. :D

What did you and Azza find out when you spoke to the "officials" ... any idea on how you went, or do you need to go to the Presentation Night to find out?

Need to wait until the presentation night, but I am hoping the TCC Vice-Pres may be able to leak some sensative information :ph34r::ph34r::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What did you and Azza find out when you spoke to the "officials" ... any idea on how you went, or do you need to go to the Presentation Night to find out?

Need to wait until the presentation night, but I am hoping the TCC Vice-Pres may be able to leak some sensative information :ph34r::ph34r::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As much as I'm sure the Vice Pres would like to help, not to mention the Secretary, I doubt they will be privy to the info themselves until the night ... the judges were keeping things pretty hush-hush yesterday.

Edited by Buddha

Well Done Buddha - thanks...

Just to explain to you folks at home what happened, I had spent half of Saturday Morning assisting SILVABULLIT detail the underbody of his car so he could enter, and I fronted up on Sunday to the Show N Shine as a spectator.

At the last minute we discovered that there was a stock catagory (which I was eligible for) and there was only one or 2 other vehicles in.

As we had some of SILVABULLIT's detailing gear in the car and my car was filthy, we had my car ready in 10 minutes. Results pending.......

Thanks Buddhae for showing a good 30 seconds of my plumber's crack... :P

Just to explain to you folks at home what happened, I had spent half of Saturday Morning assisting SILVABULLIT detail the underbody of his car so he could enter, and I fronted up on Sunday to the Show N Shine as a spectator.

At the last minute we discovered that there was a stock catagory (which I was eligible for) and there was only one or 2 other vehicles in.

As we had some of SILVABULLIT's detailing gear in the car and my car was filthy, we had my car ready in 10 minutes.  Results pending.......

In the spirit of "Big Brother Uncut", the good people at Buddhavision felt it necessary to show Azza in all of his glory, so that people may make a fully informed decision as to who they want to evict from the house. Or something like that.

Yeah, and Buddha is only slightly miffed that the Buddhamobile was a fair chunk of those "1 or 2 other vehicles", even if she wasn't exactly perfectly presented.

Hmmm, I wonder ... imagine if a "late starter" Stivo were to win over a "registered in time" wagon, how does the word "protest" sound? ;)

Edited by Buddha

As we had some of SILVABULLIT's detailing gear in the car and my car was filthy, we had my car ready in 10 minutes.  Results pending.......

Don't know about the plumbers crack; I'd say more like a bulky postage slot :lol:

Good work Buddha on the movie and I'm glad you didn't zoom in on Azza's bulk mail slot!!