Aurion ATX remote

nihonjin

Hi I'm new to this forum but there seems to be a lot of good information and helpful members.

I have just bought a 2007 Aurion and there were no keyless remotes apparently these were lost. I have read previous posts about getting cheaper Ebay ones and someone who got one from USA but when I look on Ebay now I only see what appear to be genuine $245 remotes. Can anyone advise where or how I can go about getting a remote cheaply.

Thanks for any ideas.

Just had a look, Melbourne City Toyota have one on ebay (actually 4 available) for $95 + $15 postage, seems a good deal compared to the $245 one, they say to provide you VIN number to confirm it will suit, the rest of their details on the remote are 'ACV40,GSV40 06/2006 to current , this remote can suit some Aurion Touring only and allows you to enter the vehicle with a touch of the button, also includes boot release and panic alarm, This remote suits Aurion touring models only but VIN number will be required to determine if this remote will suit your vehicle. Not suitable for smart entry system. If unsure please specify your vehicles full V.I.N number, 17 digit number located on the registration label on the windscreen so we can confirm that this item will suit your vehicle, our professional team will be glad to help you all the way through.. The ebay link is http://www.ebay.com....=item20c05a76d5

Hope that helps.

Edited by SATORI893

I emailed them about that remote and gave them my vin# and they said that it was not suitable for my Aurion and that I needed the $245 remote. I don't know why but that's what they said.

Thanks though for your reply.

Damn thats sucks big time man!

I dont know how they justify there price but i do know that theres a Denso remote and a fujitsu remote. Hense the reason for requiring VIN number to clarify what remote you need...

Question is, is there a way to get a cheeper one :s ?

Maybe go to the wreckers and try doing it that way? You could ask for Kluger or Aurion remote and try the programing procedure at the wreckers to test if it works.

Thats my 2 cents, hope it helps man!

• 2 weeks later...

I was passing a Mster Mint or Minute the other day, those guys that do key cutting and such, they had a remote exactly the same as the Aurion on I have, didn't ask them about price, was in a hurry and they were pretty busy, if you have these guys locally give them a try.

$245 for just the remote, My trade price is around that so it's not a bad deal, It looks like they only come separate to the key the only remotes with the flip keys I could see were for different models, something else could come up if I looked it up by the VIN though.

There is possibly a cheaper remote that will do the same job, if you go to a Locksmith or Mister Minit Who deals with Remote King products they should be able to sort you out as they will have both Original and after market remotes.