Toyota Entertainment (GPS) Unit

midii

Hi guys,

Anyone know anything about these new T.E.C.H units that are coming with higher model Yaris?

http://www.toyota.com.au/yaris?WT.ac=Toyota_GlobalNav_Cars_Yaris#tech-audio-system for reference re what it is.

Am curious if the units have a rear USB port, im doubtful but hopeful.

Cannot seem to find any info re these things at all anywhere..

Cheers

This it the new level 3 (high grade) unit to be used on virtually all models (not on Camry, Aurion and Prado). New units (including without GPS) are already available on FJ Cruiser, Yaris, Rukus, Kluger, Hilux, RAV4 and now Corolla Hatch.

They have the capability of rear USB, but it is up to the vehicle specification if used.

A Yaris really doesn't have much of a centre console (between front seats), with a focus on the dash for controls. Check with your dealer to be sure ...

Have had the unit installed in new Levin ZR.

Unfortunately seems to be either an incompatibility in the wiring or a mistake by the installer as it does not detect the handbrake being on/off and assumes off, thus half the features are disabled as it thinks I am in motion all the time.

Besides this it is significantly awesome.

Will put it out at some stage to see if it has a rear USB port as would like to run cabling to my phone cradle if it does for charging/ipod control.

Is the first Toyota unit I have had which supports the iPhone with all features except Messages.

it does not detect the handbrake being on/off and assumes off, thus half the features are disabled as it thinks I am in motion all the time.

It should be linked to vehicle speed, as soon as you hit 0km/h the menus open up.

• 5 months later...