2010 Kluger Plastic Oil Filter Cover

JohnM

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get the plastic cover that allows access to the oil filter. Mine is missing and my Toyota dealer says there is no such part and no part number exists. I find that hard to believe. If I can find one online would be great.

Thanks

John

Hey John, are you referring to the quarter panel cover located under the vehicle? if so the Service dept should be able to order the cover for you.

Hi Ron,

Its the panel on the underside , drivers side . Its about 4inches square and has to be removed to gain access to the oil filter. I went to the Toyota service dept today and was told the part did not exist .I dont believe them but left empty handed. When I locate one I will return and embarass them.

John

I couldn't find anything to go in the hole of the undercover (click the photo for toyodiy.com):

diag_2tPeB6.png

A genuine oil filter comes with a plastic piece, but doesn't sound like what you're after:

65f29ba1.jpg

Edited by 450HP/tonne

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd let you know that I went to my Toyota Dealer to get the oil filter cover replaced. They once again said the part did not exist until I suggested that they take a look underneath the Klugers in their carpark awaiting servicing. After one hour waiting and me refusing to yield, they finally took one from another car and put it on mine. Said they will take it up with Toyota to get another one. Wonder if they will.

John

Hi john

I think some of these guys in these dealerships must think we are as green as grass, your right mate that cover definitely exists,its a little cover held in with two little bolts.

mate they probadly wanted you to buy the whole guard,and didnt want to admit that cover existed.

I have been in the same boat with these turkeys, you can never trust what they tell you sometimes, dont get me wrong there is a lot of good people that are very helpfull in these dealerships that cant do enough for you.

Hi David,

I have been a Toyota dealer customer for over 20 years. What this has done now is erode confidence I have in them. From now on after a service I am going to check my car closely just to make sure they have not messed up again.

John

Just an idea here but what if the part actually doesn't exist individually? Like that small part may simply be part of the larger trim as a whole which may explain why they can't source a part number for it. Much like how the little divider in the cup holders of some of their cars can't be purchased separately from the entire cup holder assembly.

So even though it may seem unreasonable, your dealer isn't necessarily lying to you.

I know that you already got it sorted, but like 450hp I could only find the same part. Must have to buy the whole cover.

post-2320-0-70847400-1335268614_thumb.jp

Edited by (mr2)

Hi,

When the cover was removed from another Kluger there was a part number on it, but they could not locate it on the computer. Its not that I think they were lying but more frustration that I was repeatedly told the part did not exist when I knew it did. They could have just checked another Kluger, they have several in the yard. It could be as simple as a computer error, however to their credit they did replace it so all is good.

John

John I also think it depends on who serves you, different times I have needed small odd parts that one salesman said didnt exsist, then a couple of days later went to my dealer for some other reason, and asked another salesman in the parts department about the same part and they found it straight away.

I know couple of good guys in the parts department at my local toyota dealership that I trying get each time I want a part, a lot of it could be why they couldnt find the parts could be lack of exsperiance, or they couldnt be bothed, who knows.