R Style Racing (Thailand) parts, bought local

GDUBB

I have seen complaints about the customer service with rstyleracing.com on the forum a couple times so I figured I'd share.

When I bought the wrong grill for my TRD on eBay (I'm retarded), I was looking for what I could exchange for it through the seller, Bodykits Kingdom, and found out they get their stock from r style.

Some mark up on price, but I got great service and I got the part to exchange from Thailand in 10 days. Bodykits Kingdom are QLD based, English speaking, and were very helpful to me. They only advertise what they have in stock, but Paul, who runs it, said they can get anything that r style sells.

If this is common knowledge, I apologize. But I thought this may be handy to some.

I wasn't aware of that for sure, but given they sell pretty much identical products, I had my suspicions. Personally I just deal direct with RStyle as I've had no issues with them, but yeah some others have had trouble dealing with them, not receiving replys to emails etc. They seem to be a bit hit and miss with who they reply too, but I've bought stuff from them a handful of times with no issues.

I have been dealing with RStyle recently in regards to a bodykit, they only answered the last question in my email to them and have ignored the last 8 I have sent them, if Body Kits Kingdom have the same kit, RStyle list the Miner Change 2009 Camry kit as 100% ABS where as Kingdom list the rear apron as fibre glass and the front lip and side skirts as ABS. I had similar trouble when ordering my fold back mirrors from Taiwan, the is site listed on here, I had to send them several emails to get all my questions answered, I know it's only 2 companies but Thailand and Taiwan but Asian and they both would only answer the last question on the email and ignore others. I would rather service if you are going to pay that little bit more, I bought this grill from Body Parts Kingdom where great to deal with, although pricey they really have it together.

post-27452-0-97606400-1334715418_thumb.jpost-27452-0-63851800-1334715433_thumb.jpost-27452-0-94488500-1334715449_thumb.j

Edited by SATORI893

Also the prices I have had quoted come to about $455 Australian including shipping, not sure if there is any customs duty or import tax once they hit our shores. May give customs a call tomorrow.

Spoke to customs, because R style ship there kits, there is no GST or Customs duty but I found out Customs want 50 to 100 bucks just for paperwork to give the package clearance to leave the dock, I have to get a Customs broker to assess the goods at 70 bucks and the port will want $240 to release the package, it works out the same as Kingdoms kit and the Thai kit you have to get the rear apron cut for the left exhaust where as Kindom have a fibreglass rear lip with both exhaust holes already in it plus you are dealing locally if anything goes wrong. I have spoken to Paul at Body kits Kingdom and I am going through them to buy my kit, ordering it tomorrow and should only take a week, R style say 30 days to ship. Good service is worth a premium.

Edited by SATORI893

Total came to $859 for lip kit 09 up Aurion, delivery is express so should have it Monday/Tuesday. I recommend Bodykitskingdom, I got my grill off them also and Paul has been great to deal with. I am still having dramas with another grill I bought off a guy in Victoria from eBay, he had a pic of the grill, I questioned if it would fit an Aurion, he assured me it would, when it arrived I opened the Genuine Toyota box, it was a toyota grill alright but not for an Aurion, called toyota and gave them the part no. off the box and they told me it was for a Camry or Ateva and would not fit any Aurion here or OS. I contacted the seller, his excuse?, he just goes on what the dealer tells him. I have returned the grill and he is stalling on the refund which I had to chase him for, claims he has sent a cheque and that I have to return it before he will do a Paypal refund, looks like it's going to go to a dispute, have a gut feeling he will only refund the grill price, not the postage. Checked out his feedback on eBay and he only has 2 negatives and 2 neutral but he responds and tells them off. Responded to 1 buyer who told him to get another courier with - stay home when there is a delivery on its way to you and you wont miss it. Responded to another that said the parts where used and damaged with - rubbish they were new coils still in the original wraping dont come again. I detect his sacasm in his emails to me, would love to name him on here to warn others but worried about legal issues.

Edited by SATORI893

Ive Been to see Paul at Bodykits Kingdom he is really helpful guy even when I wasnt able to make it one day he offered to drop it by my house for me that afternoon. Definatly be going back again.

My body kit from Bodykits Kindom arrived today, now just have to fit it, take it off then take it in for quotes on painting, pretty wrapped about it, there is no Aurions in my city with kits on them aside from factorykits on sportivos and TRDs. Have to take in my eyelids and my folding mirror also to be painted, my wallet is smoking already.

Front spoiler and side skirt fitted, rear apron next then drive it around looking all beat up to the paint shops for quotes.

post-27452-0-85972700-1336332812_thumb.jpost-27452-0-37799700-1336332862_thumb.jpost-27452-0-75803200-1336332891_thumb.jpost-27452-0-55196300-1336332911_thumb.jpost-27452-0-33028900-1336332962_thumb.j

Edited by SATORI893

Front spoiler and side skirt fitted, rear apron next then drive it around looking all beat up to the paint shops for quotes.

Lookin good! Well done

Thanks, I have contacted Bodykits Kingdom, the rear fibreglass apron has the top lip or hook to go into the brackets that go along the bumper but no brackets came with the kit and it's only fixed in the wheel arces and the center underneath, it moves, not much but enough to wear into the bumper which is not good. I'm not knocking the kit but the passenger side exhaust outlet doesn't line up that well either but planned exhaust upgrade will fix that down the track.

post-27452-0-83149100-1336654514_thumb.jpost-27452-0-19146400-1336654421_thumb.jpost-27452-0-26785700-1336654473_thumb.jpost-27452-0-86248800-1336654446_thumb.jpost-27452-0-63510600-1336654574_thumb.jpost-27452-0-63740100-1336654536_thumb.j

post-27452-0-54441400-1336654588_thumb.j

Edited by SATORI893
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bodykits Kindom kit painted and fitted, will give it a washand polish then add some pics, looks great, being black makes the front spoiler hard to spot from the front but ok in side view, Carmate eyelids painted and fitted, have no headlight protectors now, they would scratch the paint on the eyelids, will think of some mod for any highway or long haul trips. Folding mirrors wiring sorted, backs painted, just have to fit and wire in, all day job, maybe all weekend so will see how I go next weekend.