Picked up our Kluger all good but no mats!

Toyota4Eva

Picked up our KX-S Kluger yesterday. Very happy with it. Had 7kns on the ODO. Was 04/12 build date. Everything was in order, no scratches or nicks. Got 3 sets of keys with it, and 2 central locking remotes.

Except we noticed there we no carpet mats, which were suppose to be included in our deal.

The guys checked it and came back & said they were out of stock and with the contract. wrote "no mats supplied yet" which he got the manager sign next to it. I asked for a photocopy of it but he said that I don't need it and he's not allowed to photocopy this for the customer.

Does anyone know if this is true of if it looks like they are trying to pull one over us? The fact that they didn't mention anything about the mats until we noticed at the inspection, and the fact that they won't give us a copy of the altered contract seems a bit fishy if you ask me.

Apart from that, very happy with the car. Wife drove it home and she said she loved it. Was worried it wouldnt fit in our garage but just managed.

Good Luck to anyone else planning to buy or picking up a Kluger in the future!

These cars are great!

Hi andrew congratulations on your new purchase of your kluger.

Mate I personally think they should of given you a copy of the receipt, just keep on them and make sure they carry out there promise, it could of been a honest mistake, they may not of had any mats in stock.

Probadly if I had my time over again I would of bought rubber mats instead of carpet mats, but I live out on a farm with burs and red soil and when it rains it turns into red mud, if you live in town or in the city the carpet mats are fine, the factory carpet mats are great.

Congrats on the new baby T4 ! :clap:

We have had our KX-R 2wd for almost a week now and still cannot get over the value in it.

Re the copy of the contract/order...

You are entitled to a copy of any contract you enter into... common law.

Our dealer gave us the quote in writing straight off with their first offer. Subsequent changes through further negotiation over the phone was always followed up with an updated email copy minutes later (four times :-) . They have embraced email communication which i find better than phone as you have it all in writing. A big +

We had the same worry about fitting in the garage, we traded one of our 2 x 07 Camrys and measured everything beforehand .... it is still scary getting that beast in there the first time. We forgot to add extra for the wider mirrors... it fits with a couple of inches to spare. Its amazing how much bigger it seems when it is about the same size as a camry.

I got towbar, nudgebar, weathershields, mats & a full tank with mine. Extra 3yr wty thrown in as well. On pickup the only discrepancy was the full tank but they soon fixed that. I beat you by one k on the delivery k's, mine was 6, but was mar12 bulid.

It sure is a beautiful thing to drive, almost a limousine, so smooth and quiet.... even comming from a current style camry.

Lots of good motoring ahead of us i reckon? :toast:

Edited by KX-R & ACV40R

Thanks guys for your replies.

David we live in the city so caroet mats are all good for us. I can see why living in the country the rubber mats would be more appropiate. We'll keep on them and make sure we get our mats, otherwise they'll be a storm. Propably and oversight or they are truely out of stock like you said we'll give them time, I'm sure they aren't going to risk a bad reputation over something as small as mats.

Barney congrats on your new car too! It's great isn't when you go pick up a new car and it's done less than 10KMS on the ODO? :clap: In regards to the contract the guy who closed the deal and went over the car with us, emphasised that we didn't need a copy of the ammended contract and we should put a little trust in him. Well it's gonna be on his head if he doesn't deliver the mats.

Another thing I was wondering, is when we get the mats, will we have to take it into the service area because as far as I know there should be clippings installed into the floor to hook the mats into right? Or can we do that ourselves?

Definitely going to be some good motoring ahead. Looking forward to our next road trip holiday.

Hi andrew, you can put the mats in yourself, only mat that has hooks is the driverside, theres two little holes in the floor where the hooks push into, just push the two hooks into the floor, then the two holes on the botton of the mat slide over and your set, the rest of the mats just sit on the floor and the rear mat is on big long mat that just sits there,

living in city the carpet mats wil be great, there fit great, they dont slip or move.

Toyota dealers are genrally pretty good on keeping there word, so hopefully they come good with the mats.

Thanks alot David for your help. Your a wealth of information & a great asset to these forums!

Good to know I don't have to deal with the service centre unless I have to.

Hi friends ,when i took my grande in march 2012 the dealer did n't deliver any of the floor mats and dash mats.Instead they gave a temporary rav4 mat.when i enquired they said the mats are not available but will get u soon.after one week they rang me a provided all rubber floor mats ,cargo mat and a dash mat along with some free stuffs such as toyota tee shirt,toyota cap and a wash card.So please talk to them regularly since the feed back which you provide on sales is of importance to them.....

anyway enjoy new kluger....wish you a nice time ahead...

cheers

Some photos of the new wheels would be nice Andrew??

The rear mat on the Kluger is good how it goes right across in one piece.

The 1mth/1000k service will be the next thing... curious to know what they do with that? Surely it is more than checking that the wheels have not fallen off... :blink: I know the oil is not changed until 10K.

Would the ecu be set different when the vechicle is new?? ... do they apply a new code after 1k.. anyone know?