radaitor o-ring

Hey guys,

Question regarding the o-ring on the radiator drain plug.

So I noted a leak at the drainage hole, and hence i went to buy a replacement o-ring, 16492-21050 for my 2004 corolla (SA model).

Swap the o-ring over with the help of a few fingers, and manage to do it loosing only a small amout of coolant.

Now the issue is that it still leaks from the drainage outlet with the new o-ring?

i am sure i changed the o-ring correctly, pushed it into the groove and screwed the thing back.

There appears to be a slow dripping leak still?

seems to occur more frequently after cooling down rather then while driving <---maybe i am wrong about this

everything else is dry as a desert. i ran my fingers and a piece of tissue down the entire length of the radiator.

the only place tt is wet with coolant is the drainage outlet when u stick your finger into the hole.

its now much better with the new o-ring, leaks a lot less. but nevertheless leaks a bit, i will monitor and see how it goes and hopefully it stops.

anyone else got any ideas? other then the drainage outlet at that corner, is there anything else that may possibly leak?

need to test the pressure at a mechanics to see where its coming from. otherwise changing the O-ring should have fixed it. i know when i change it, it fixed for me... even got me writing a guide for it :P

yea kenshin, thanks for your guide! i replaced the o-ring using your guide.

looking at the radiator, other then the drainage plug, there seems to be nothing else there.

anyone can verify that is the correct toyota product to use on the car?

Edited by slacker878

i actually didnt buy it from toyota... i replaced the worn out one with 2 smaller aftermarket o-rings from repco to make it even tighter than it was stock :)