Hey guys need advice.

Today i took my CAI out and found that theres a hole. lol.

Should i replace it with a new one or weld the hole, sand and re polish.?

Topic mostly likely covered. which cai should i get if i was to get a new one.?

post-27484-0-94190200-1338188713_thumb.j

That looks like rubbing to me

Is that a TRD CAI?

If you want to replace go for injen rd 2082 or 2075

Or the CES CAI :D

Lol. Got no idea.. İ was burning alot of fuel. So i thought it might be the cai when i took it out. Was like that. But im guessing it was of rubbing . Each time i will start the car the cai will rattle.

Got no idea what cai it is. Came with it wen i bought the car.

Where can i get a injen,.. Ebay.??

yea ebay US have a few, i think someone is selling one on the buy and sell forum, have a look. ive got the RD 2082 and that works wonders :D

make you sure don't poke another hole in the injen,cause they are pretty pricey.

btw with the injen,how is it in the heavy rain with flooded road etc?? dose it splash onto the pod alot or?

I have driven In some terrential weather with some light flooding and I was a bit hesitant about it sucking in water but it was all good so far :)

A mate had this same issue, but we caught it just enough time. The friction from the CAI moving against the engine bay below the battery wears it down at that bend. WOT to partial, to WOT etc etc causes it to wear . I araldited some rubber insulation to the corner of the frame to stop it. I'd recommend doing this when you replace it. Weird that TRD didn't see that coming. Maybe it's just TD now, and they don't do Research anymore.

TRD intake was not made for the ZZE corolla. Just slice open a 2.75" silicon sleeve or slip on a 3" sleeve over the section bend of the TRD intake. This will stop the chasis boring a hole in it.

I believe so, as the TRD cai is 2.75" straight through. There are couple of links for silicone hoses on

Use the search function in case there are more.

Speaking of cai. It's raining here in Sydney

I was driving hit a bump while accelerating and started wheel spin, I ran over something then lack of power,

Ran over my pody :(

• 2 weeks later...

Update

I got my 3a racing pod, I'm a k&n man, always have been.. But my curiosity got the better of me and wanted to try this one because of te claims its better than k&n and was awarded auto salon best filter in 2007..

Well, its on, and wow..

That detune before lift where it lags abit, gone, refs evenly straight from 1k through to 6.2 then pops aggressively when lift kicks in through to 8k..

My 2 cents