Looking to buy new car

Hi everyone. Just sold my wrx and looking for a family car now. Can't decide whether to get a Camry, aurion, hybrid, sportivo. So many options. I definitely like the sportivo as I use to have a pimped out wrx. Can't really decide.

Welcome to the club mate :clap: cant go wrong with any of your choices, I chose the Aurion over the Camry as there wasnt much difference in the economy but it is more powerful

Welcome Adam :)

I have a 93 2200 four cylinder camry ultima that has done 360 000 kms and still goes well.

Also a 2003 V6 camry altise 120 000 kms with plenty of power.

Both are reliably boring and boringly reliable,but good solid family cars to drive.

The sportivo 2400 four cylinder is a family car with racy parts attached.Just like the wrx , but it's not fast like wrx.

Yea, looked up on car sales, the white LE looks incredible but pricey. Suppose I pay all that extra for the paint, which might end up being keyed, or scratched by the missus. Found a couple of aurions zr6 with all the options. I'll get one this or next week. And yes the whole idea of getting a Toyota is cause of its reliability. Is the 3 year extended warranty from Toyota dealerships worth getting? Costs an extra 1200.

With extended warranties you really need to read the fine print.

My celica came with a 3yr warranty , but it has a $1000 excess fee on all claims , so it might be worth it if I have an engine or transmission failure.

Usually extended warranties are not worth the paper that they are written on.

Hey mate,

I'm about to do the complete opposite swap than you!! I'm in the market for a new WRX in the coming months haha. The Aurion has great straight-line power so if you go on a lot of highway cruises I would highly suggest it.. (don't know about you, but I like to spend as little time as possible next to, or behind road trains.) The V6 in the Aurion is extremely reliable, my car is an ex-hire (boooo...) but I've had her completely checked out by a mechanic and Toyota, it's been given the highest grade in mechanical quality..

But really you can't go wrong with any Toyota as a family car. I use mine to cart the family around and I'm extremely happy with how it runs and fits everything. 2 large suitcases+bags in the boot fit easily. Baby seats have plenty of room. The 54960783058023 airbags give it great safety ratings :)

I'm a bit of a fan but I love my Sportivo Aurion (SX6) I can only imagine the ZR6 is better!!

Good luck on your hunt, buy whatever feels right!

Hey mate,

I'm about to do the complete opposite swap than you!! I'm in the market for a new WRX in the coming months haha. The Aurion has great straight-line power so if you go on a lot of highway cruises I would highly suggest it.. (don't know about you, but I like to spend as little time as possible next to, or behind road trains.) The V6 in the Aurion is extremely reliable, my car is an ex-hire (boooo...) but I've had her completely checked out by a mechanic and Toyota, it's been given the highest grade in mechanical quality..

But really you can't go wrong with any Toyota as a family car. I use mine to cart the family around and I'm extremely happy with how it runs and fits everything. 2 large suitcases+bags in the boot fit easily. Baby seats have plenty of room. The 54960783058023 airbags give it great safety ratings :)

I'm a bit of a fan but I love my Sportivo Aurion (SX6) I can only imagine the ZR6 is better!!

Good luck on your hunt, buy whatever feels right!

Don't get me wrong, I still love the wrx. I love driving around the city area spinning heads with the loud boxer engine and pumping music. But after getting married, there isn't any time to do that anymore. And the wrx isn't really practical anymore. Small, and kinda rough because of all the torque. I think my hooning days are over. And yes, overtaking on the highway is a breeze with the turbo.

Anyway I think I've made up my mind and settle for the aurion white LE. Wife wants white, so I'll give her the pearl.

Good choice mate, you'll love it!!

I've still got a few years before I'll need to come back to an Aurion, so yeah different circumstances! See you around here soon!

Ok. WRX is gone. Bought the aurion white LE. Hope I'll enjoy it as much as the wrx. Haha. Should get it Wednesday next week. Any of you guys in Brisbane?

Nice choice. I had one of those as a demonstrator when they were available, and it was a fantastic car. Probably one of the only drive cars I've had that I was happy to keep, rather than sell!

Good list of features, and if you head into a dealership now you can get the new Gen-Y satellite navigation fitted to replace that stereo for around $1200-$1500. Then the car is pretty well a Presara almost.

Yea. Mine already has the sat nav and premium sound system. I think they put an amp and sub under the passenger seat. I was hoping it had the xenons and remote entry start/stop, but can't have everything I suppose. Why did u sell it in te end?

I work for a Toyota dealership. It was a company car, a demonstrator, they usually get sold once they hit about 6000kms.