Mods report

brokebloke

I'm fitting a d'cab tub onto my s'cab-chassis LN147R. I see the foremost tub mounts on the chassis in a parts diagram, but they aren't available as a spare? Anyone point me to a pair quickly? Fortunately not difficult to hand make.

Headlight buzzers can be made from Jaycar/***** Smith pietzo buzzer [~$10 ea] They are white, abt 10mm x 18mm x 12mm. Connect red to headlight out wire from switch, and black to ign 'run' wire. Device will only sound when lights only are on. {Out means electrically after being switched] Include an off switch if you need to leave your lights & on motor off for any long time-they are LOUD/annoying.

carry a length of good thick wire with an old alternator brush attached-makes a good point soldering tool for emergency repairs if held in pliers and touched onto earthed metal. Add resin cored solder where touching part-NB Everything V hot V quickly. Do not use on electronic parts.

Carry a few spare 2.25mm welding rods and use it with 200A jumper leads for emergency welding. Satincraft brand are particularly easy to use, but weaker than Ferrocraft.--Keep dry!!!

Will kill your battery if used too much/often, running the motor is not recommended, as the current is high.

Q.

My brake equalization rod above the diff is somewhat bent upwards-is this wrong/do I have a problem?

Q.

Will std wiring 'take' 55W/65W Halogen h'light current safely, or MUST I upgrade it? My OEM sealed beams are terrible, and the difference between the beam positions is much too great.

BTW, Anyone figured out a good cheap way to lever adjust the headlight elevation? Awfully primitive not to have that on a work vehicle.

Q.

Anyone know where to get the wiring loom connector to a 1995 washer pump? Wreckers don't want to cut one off.

Q.

Where do I get a good, similar size/effect to OEM universal muffler? 490mm x 190mm dia, 48mm in 52mm out

thx