Flashing demist light issues with heating/cooling

BrettJ

Hello All,

I've searched the forums for similar topic but found nothing relevent to my problem.

A week ago my demist light started to flash when I first started the engine also the fan, aircon and directional controls did not work.

it went away after a minute of operation then the whole lot came on as if bursting into life. Over last week Ive lost the directional airflow controls only after 3 minutes of driving the fan was operable only. I can vary the temperature, and i can use the airconditioning however I have lost all directional controls. It only blows out the front vents.

Being in melbourne with the rain lately I want to defog the windscreen but cant change the flow of air to windscreen vent.

Add another problem demist is working at half its usual pace.

Ive checked fuses all are good.

Ive had the car since late 07 with zero problems (other than warranty oil pipe etc) and the ABS selenoid noise.

Its just an ATX std, with 127K kms

Is this a common problem? does anyone know of a solution before I go to Toyota.

Thanks in advance..

Brett.

Hi brett

i tooo also have the same issue. Took my car to toyota and they say is norna. The master tech said that is just resetting.

Not sure if this is true or not

Hi brett

i tooo also have the same issue. Took my car to toyota and they say is norna. The master tech said that is just resetting.

Not sure if this is true or not

thanks for the reply,

I would say untrue, I would really struggle with that answer from the Master Tech,

If in fact all the components worked I may agree.

But in my case, for the full amount of driving/running time daily is three hours and I have not the use of the controls, ie to the feet or windshield or full forward positions. it flows through the front only.

Cheers,

Brett.

There was something I remember reading some time ago which may or may not be of use here. It doesn't hurt to check though. After about 10 minutes of searching the forum, I have managed to track it down:

Dual Aircon Problem

Just on a side note. i have seen a few air cond issues where the driver may dislodge the wire to the servo motor on the r/h side of the aircon box. As he or she puts the park brake on their shoe may snag the wire and in some cases the servo plastic housing may brake and require replacement. i have seen 3 of these issues and 2 were on one car (dept of defence aurion) 1 owner 73 drivers, lol

if you lie on the drivers floor and look up toward the air cond box you can see 2 servo motors and wiring plugs, the lower one is the most common one. this would stop the heater box from moving so it depends on where it last got stuck - whether it is hot and no cold or vice-versa.

cheers Tim.

p.s. the 2 servo motors come as 1 piece on the locating plate when ordering a replacement.. i may have a spare servo somewhere ????????

There was something I remember reading some time ago which may or may not be of use here. It doesn't hurt to check though. After about 10 minutes of searching the forum, I have managed to track it down:

Dual Aircon Problem

Just on a side note. i have seen a few air cond issues where the driver may dislodge the wire to the servo motor on the r/h side of the aircon box. As he or she puts the park brake on their shoe may snag the wire and in some cases the servo plastic housing may brake and require replacement. i have seen 3 of these issues and 2 were on one car (dept of defence aurion) 1 owner 73 drivers, lol

if you lie on the drivers floor and look up toward the air cond box you can see 2 servo motors and wiring plugs, the lower one is the most common one. this would stop the heater box from moving so it depends on where it last got stuck - whether it is hot and no cold or vice-versa.

cheers Tim.

p.s. the 2 servo motors come as 1 piece on the locating plate when ordering a replacement.. i may have a spare servo somewhere ????????

Thanks for that,

I must report BINGO !! that was it exactly, I have been teaching an aprentice at work to drive and I'm almost certain this is how its occured. Jogging my memory now there was a mighty struggle with the hand/foot brake.

Brilliant ! obviously my search terms were not well enough defined.

Cheer's

1 happy camper.

Thanks for that,

I must report BINGO !! that was it exactly, I have been teaching an aprentice at work to drive and I'm almost certain this is how its occured. Jogging my memory now there was a mighty struggle with the hand/foot brake.

Brilliant ! obviously my search terms were not well enough defined.

No worries. Great to hear this has helped you out.

I had to persistently search for it based on what I had left on my mind, so I would never have expected anyone to be able to find that post easily.