2000 ute tray?

deanos'lux

is it possible to get a genuine toyota alloy tray for older model utes? if not what brand does everone recomend? im just after the exact same headboard shape, not the 3" tube style but the flat bar

cheers dean

I don't believe Toyota ever made any inhouse ute trays, but instead it was down to individual dealers to make deals with local suppliers. Best bet would be to approach your nearest dealer and ask them who they deal with, but really there are a number of tray builders out there and should be a few who have a tray similiar to what you're after

As Pyro said, Toyota in Darwin is using a local company to make their trays. Any reason you want a "Genuine" tray, may as well just design what you want and see how much that will cost.

i just am after the flat alloy bar head board rather than the 3" tube or tube style and havent been able to find a place what makes it. it just seems 99% of all workmate trays have that style. but hea the tray on the 03 hilux at work is a "genuine" one cops a beating and is still in fairly good tac!

On the one at work is there a sticker on the tray for the company that made them, I'm pretty sure the ones in Darwin had a sticker with the name of the engineering company that made them.

On the one at work is there a sticker on the tray for the company that made them, I'm pretty sure the ones in Darwin had a sticker with the name of the engineering company that made them.

The mudflaps are usually a good indicator, in my experience the tray manufacturers almost always fit their own branded mudflaps (around Newcastle the predominant one is Dutch for instance, Sydney is often Bocar)