Newbie questions! Stiffer suspension into 06 Corolla Wagon

julian5000

Hi All

Just a few newbie questions - cheers for any help I get. I have a 2006 Corolla Conquest Wagon and I'd like to upgrade the suspension.

Mainly because the rear sags a fair bit with a load on board - not a big load either. A couple adults in the back and the tow bar drags backing out of a mellow driveway. It's only done 62,000 kms, and has been well serviced so I'm assuming it's not because anything is worn out. The suspension rebounds quickly and there is nothing to suggest it's buggered - but what do I know really!

Anyway, I've done a bit of work on cars, more on motorbikes but they're just like half a car right? Can I buy some new springs and put them in? Like these?

Would I need any special tools?

Would it help?

What about some 30mm lower springs, like these a little lower couldn't hurt could it? If I go lower do I need new struts too? Of course, then I'd need bigger rims :g: .

Anyway, cheers for any input, trying to research as much as I can.

Cheers

Julian

Bump! :clap:

Maybe I should ask a simpler question, can I chuck these in my car, keep the same struts, and live happily ever after? Or are they sh*te ones.

Cheers.

Edited by julian5000

Just a question about suspension,

Would lovell sports front and superlow rear be fine on stock shocks? Thought this would be a place to ask a, I'd assume, frequently asked question :P

Thanks in advaned

Hey mate. It would be fine on stock shocks but be mindful that they will wear out a little faster. Once the stock shocks wear out, it is recommended/ideal you get aftermarket shocks to suit the springs. Hope that helps.

A search for soundbyte shows my posts, there may be something there that may help with the springs.

I did springs and shocks quite a while ago and thought I did a write up as I had issues with the

height after installation, and had to get super lows instead of lows for the front, or something like that.

eBay seller onlineperformance for springs, ultracheapauto for shocks.

You will need some sort of spring compressor to change your springs.

There are a number of posts on other subjects as well like LED's, fog lights, brake pads etc.

I also have replaced front and rear sway bars, as well as added a strut bar.

Changed all lights that I can with LED's, changed the headlights to the Philips 100% type.

Three photos in my gallery of the 2002 Corolla wagon.

soundbyte