Camry 2002 conquest v6 suspension

nikki1970

Hey guys, I have a v6 camry 2000 conquest, I just recently purchased and HATE the suspension ride and feel. It appears to be original suspension albeit the L/H strut appears to have been removed or changed. My question is, is the V6 suspension setup lower, heavy steering and way more noisy than the 4 cylinder camry?

I want to hear feed back on suspension over hauls that can give my v6 the suplle and quiet suspension I enjoy on my 4 cyl CSX.

What do you mean by noise?

Simply replacing the struts with some new ones (i would recommend KYB Excel-G ones, which i have a set for a gen4 brand new if you are interested) should give you some ride quality back. I found the suspension on my dads ex-conquest too soft for my liking. Soft or hard; really depends on what you like.

A set of SuperPro steering rack bushes will give you a much better steering response and sharpness.

Cheers for reply. I mean that the suspension is very poor at absorbing rutts and bumps on the road. I do prefer a softer ride over hard sport suspension ride.

I am no mechanic but I simply have them left because my dad's car was written off the other week and we didn't get time to change the struts over.

You are looking at $430-$460 for a set of KYB's new for the Gen4, I can let them go cheaper than that; if you're interested, please PM me.

So how exactly does the car feel when you hit bumps and things? My dad's one was awfully bobby after being run on the same shocks for 175km

Sorry to hear about the write-off hope your dads ok. My car hits bumps pretty hard (i can only compare to my CSX 4 cylinder, which rides bumps alot better with alot less noise albeit higher mileage as well) and the harder the car hits bumps the more you hear the suspension. It appears that the standard v6 suspension is lower than the 4 cyl about 20mm lower from measuring my 2 camry's and that is subtracting from the v6 to soak up bumps. So I have read good reviews on the struts you meantioned, I have a few questions about them. Is it a set of 4? and I am guessing it dont come with springs? I am going to do all the work myself (cross fingers) and get a wheel align after.

if you can courier them to this address. Truck centre WA, 76 Great eastern hwy South guildford WA 6055 attention Paul Hansby. Let me know your bank details and i will do the trasnfer.

if you can courier them to this address. Truck centre WA, 76 Great eastern hwy South guildford WA 6055 attention Paul Hansby. Let me know your bank details and i will do the trasnfer.

I have already sent you a message.