Toyota Camry ACV40 2007 Interior Illumination

fivese7en

Hey Guys,

I couldnt find a topic on this, but it seems I cant fit the interior illumination into my toyota camry 07 (according to toyota).

They told me that it will only fit models from 2009+. Anyone tried fitting it or any aftermarket options that are good?

- Five

im pretty sure everyone on the forums has aftermarket ones.

you dont need to get those ones, they are really overpriced and dont seem as bright as aftermarket ones.

I can show you a kit i purchased from the US , which has installation instructions (video and written).

under $20 and you get the same result .

Hmm, I found some on eBay. Simplyvandinh, can you post the link?

Thanks Jeffrey, the last link is sold out and no longer available but the guide might help me connect another set.

i dug up the seller , and found the kit .

very simple to install , he will also show you a youtube video ONCE you pay for the item.

the URL of the video is provided on the instruction sheet which you will recieve in the package.

Instructions are very straight foward if you put 30mins aside.

TOYOTA FOOTWELL LED

i know this method is different to others because others splice (cut/split) into other wires such as dome lights.

the advantage of this is you have a switch to turn on / off when ever where ever.

Edited by simplyvandinh

i know this method is different to others because others splice (cut/split) into other wires such as dome lights.

You can clearly see how it connects from the included photo and description. It taps the +12v from the fuse box by inserting a connector where one of the fuses are. Then you ground the other end on any part of the car body.

The disadvantage of this compared to tapping into your dome light is that the only way these lights will come on is if you turn it on at the switch. It will not come on automatically when you open your doors.

You can clearly see how it connects from the included photo and description. It taps the +12v from the fuse box by inserting a connector where one of the fuses are. Then you ground the other end on any part of the car body.

The disadvantage of this compared to tapping into your dome light is that the only way these lights will come on is if you turn it on at the switch. It will not come on automatically when you open your doors.

very true , all comes down to preference .

some like it automatic when doors open and others (just probally me) like to have a switch

Thanks guys,

I order SMD5050 Blue LED strips (2 of them for 20 bucks) on eBay and hopefully it should arrive this week so I can try it out this weekend.

I'm hoping to tap it into the dome light so it turns on when I open and off when I close the door.

Anyone got any pictures of where to connect them? I've seen a tutorial posted on the forum for a Toyota Aurion - should it be similar?

Edited by fivese7en

• 1 month later...

Hey man,

It wasn't a big mission, just more time consuming putting all the wires down. I followed a guide that tapped into the domelight and then subsquently wired it down the passenger side, running it under the scuff plates on the passenger side, then behind the console to the driver's side and back under the scuff plates on the driver's side for the rear.

Here's the post that I used: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2379023/2007-toyota-camry/page-5

I will take some photos later as to how it turned out and maybe this weekend take some photos of my wires. But they're pretty much the same as in the link above.

- FiveSe7en

Edited by fivese7en