gear oil recomendations?

hi guys, just wondering what oil you would recomend for the 5sfe manual gearbox in a 1996 celica, ive heard some people using ATF and some saying its terrible stuff for it. other than that i cant find much else.

the gearbox doesnt have any issues, but could be a tad less notchy if possible./

cheers

I use Penrite Sin fully synthetic gear oil in my Sportivo. Highly recommended! I reckon it is as good as any of the higher priced imported synthetic gear oils.

Could also try some Nulon G70......

I use penrite 75w90 synthetic and it fixed the notchyness in my six speed celica box.

It's available in a 2.5 litre bottle.

Other brands are available in one litre bottles and so you would buy more than you need.

• 2 weeks later...

I always ran Castrol Syntrax 75w90 synthetic in my Subaru STi and now I use it in my Corolla's six speed with a bit of Nulon G70 as advised on this forum with great results.

Chances are you should track down a service manual and see what viscosity oil I calls for and go with that.