Serious Modification time... Plasma included

BNO

Hey Guys,

Its been a while since ive posted, been busy with life as usual.

Im about to make an addition to the aurion however, there is an issue with space between the front bar, that foam and that lovely steel bumper bar.

Now, what i need to know is the follow.

1. If the bar is cut and re modified then have rolled 4mm tube put in its place to harden or toughen the structure will that be an issue.
  2. 2 is the foam a big issue in regards to the front bar.
  3. I cant say what im doing it for yet as its a supprise :D Just wear ear plugs.

Cheers

Dan

Surely you would have t get an engineering certificate afterwards if you wanted to keep it all legal. That said, I'm not so sure strengthening is the direction you will need to head in if you made modifications there. I am fairly sure that the metal bar in the front there is built for impact absorption thus making it stronger after modification will reduce the effect of its intended purpose. Same goes for the foam. Removing that is going to reduce the impact absorption abilities. I don't know the regulations in regards to that so that may be something you will need to research.

it will still be structually sound dont worry about this, he builds hotrods for a living but the problem is you try and fit the housing ofr a K3LA (google that) the bottoms fit ok, its just mounting of the top housing.

I might ring my mate at toyota and ask him, I know alot of performance cars that are street legal run with out them due to their intercoolers falling into place, but their will be gussets in place along with reinforced bits... **** im considering getting a bull bar if i head out west for work so issue will be clearly fixed. Id roof mount but think that might cause some issues, plus i gotta put my HIDS in yet... oh and get a new bumper where some ***** threw a steel rod through my car on the gateway because i was doing the speedlimit.

ok after discussions with my mate at toyota its not a wise move to cut that bumper, so back to the drawing board.

when there is a way there is a ninja to appear!

what about these...http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-Trumpet-Train-Air-Horn-Kit-110-PSI-Air-System-150dB-/360376405297?_trksid=p4012.m8&_trkparms=algo%3DMW%26its%3DC%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D15%26po%3DLCA%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D1158540962393234301&_qi=RTM883559

how's the audio sound.

Edited by zedder

• 8 months later...

my sound system sounds bad *****...the train horns are going in another project car later on... im about to do a few minor mods.

Set of those in 19s

lowered coilovers

exhaust

may have procured myself a decent supercharger too.

The rims though are going to have some serious concave and stepped out a bit. Oh and im also looking at getting LED tail lights and projectors too! And possibly a matte black paintjob