Rear door problems

Wellsie

Hey guys,

I'm about to sell my 02 Camry Sportivo and I was going through the car to see if anything needed replacing, fixing or cleaning up. When I was in the back seat of the car I tried to get out on the rear right side of the car but the door wouldn't open. The door is unlocked and won't open from the inside. When I gave the handle a good yank it open the door slightly then you could open from there. Then I tried the other door in the back, to find the lock is really hard to push to either unlock it or lock it. This door though opens fine though compared to the other door. The next problem is with the locks and doors, is when I go to use the remote locking it locks all three doors minus the rear left side. It doesn't move at all. Has anyone else had any similar problems like this? I really wanna see if it can be fixed easily because I know as soon as I take it somewhere they will throw a very hefty price on what could be a small problem that is easily fixed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Wellsie

Have you checked to see if the Child Safety Door Latch is not in the ON position. if it is, you cannot open the door from the inside. Just move the latch to OFF position and the door will open normally from the inside. Hopefull that's an easy solution.

Ha-ha, that was the first thing I checked but unfortunately that wasn't what it was. I've read some stuff on the net about this sort of problem and it sounds fairly common, something to do with the electrics in the car playing up. Most of the time you have to pay upwards of $500 or more to get it fixed. Thanks for the reply though, I wish it was just as easy as the child lock.

Could be as simple as the plastic assembly has aged and the plastic bit that holds the door opening cable is broken, which may explain why your door doesn't open from the inside.

The bit to replace costs 30 or so and the job takes 20 mins to replace

I will link a image later