Caldina ST215 Egine issue

Mikey.D

Caldina ST215 Started rough today and the check engine light came on.. It was shut down and restarted with the light coming back on moments later going out and everything back to normal... After a short drive down the road it started doing it again and the car was fighting to gain speed, hesitating rough engine sound and check engine light ect. About 5k's down the road i entered the freeway where it came good again, drove the 15k's down freeway and exited about 10k's after leaving f/way it started it again. and continued doing this for a further 15k's until i got home...

Anyone want to have a guess what might be going on? I am concidering getting a obd2 code reader to see what codes have been logged.. but any ideas would be fantastic..

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Caldina ST215 Started rough today and the check engine light came on.. It was shut down and restarted with the light coming back on moments later going out and everything back to normal... After a short drive down the road it started doing it again and the car was fighting to gain speed, hesitating rough engine sound and check engine light ect. About 5k's down the road i entered the freeway where it came good again, drove the 15k's down freeway and exited about 10k's after leaving f/way it started it again. and continued doing this for a further 15k's until i got home...

Anyone want to have a guess what might be going on? I am concidering getting a obd2 code reader to see what codes have been logged.. but any ideas would be fantastic..

Cheers

Caldinas are possibly the same as many JDM vehicles of the era, that is, MODB (multiplex OBD)

I purchased one of these units: http://dtdauto.com/Product/Product_diagnostic/EFI%20Scan_E.htm

It works a treat on my Estima.

• 6 months later...

did you resolve this? could be a fuel filter problem...

Sorry.. not been on this site for a while but i did a fuel filter change and it was still happening. So i pulled out the spark plugs and one was loose, checked the gaps on them all and reinstalled...problem never happened again!!!