Haydosbalados123

Hi Boys,

Looking to buy the latest gen celica for a first car but having trouble choosing.

http://www.carsales....aspx?R=12903364

http://www.carsales....aspx?R=13288788

Could anyone give me a recommendation - the paint issue isnt really a problem with the second car

I'm keen on the Celica styling but If you wouldnt buy either, could you recommend a similarly sporty looking car that wont break the bank.

It is my first car, but I'm hoping to have it for many years so reliability is fairly important - has anyone had major mechanical issues with thiers?

It really depends what you are looking for in a car.

The reason I chose to buy a celica '05 was because it was a low fuel consumption, sporty, above average HP (130-140) in cars and stylish. In regards to mechanical issues, I have not come across any yet, apart from stiff gear box and eerily rubber belt from being cold - but goes away when it becomes hotter.

If you are looking for powerful cars, then you may want to think again because celica 7th gen is considered to have lesser HP in regards to how much it cost to buy.

Edited by chris1991119

Look at a few celicas in the daytime and test drive them to compare.

I tried three before I chose the best one.

Be especially wary of sunroofs which have problems and check for oil leaks , knocks and panel fit.

The reason I chose to buy a celica '05 was because it was a low fuel consumption, sporty, above average HP (130-140) in cars and stylish. In regards to mechanical issues, I have not come across any yet, apart from stiff gear box and eerily rubber belt from being cold - but goes away when it becomes hotter.

If you are looking for powerful cars, then you may want to think again because celica 7th gen is considered to have lesser HP in regards to how much it cost to buy.

Synthetic MT oil works wonders in the stiff gear box and replace the belt ( repco gato recommended ).

Synthetic MT oil works wonders in the stiff gear box and replace the belt ( repco gato recommended ).

What do you mean by "Synthetic MT oil works wonders in the stiff gear box"?

What do you mean by "Synthetic MT oil works wonders in the stiff gear box"?

My gearbox was stiff until the oil was replaced with penrite 75w90 synthetic manual transmission oil.