G;day, Mick here.

Hello all. New member here at TOCAU, long-time lurker. I currently own both a '99 Vienta Grande and an '81 Subaru 4WD wagon (un-registered money-pit).

I suppose as this is a Toyota forum, I should tell you all a little about my wheels. The ol' girl currently is at about 349,000 k's, and still going strong. It was bought second hand with about 90,000 km on it, and it has since had a re-conditioned engine put in. The previous owner didn't know what oil changes were, so a couple of years after my family bought it, the smoke coming out of the exhaust was a little thicker and the power was a little less, every week. The engine currently in it is a re-conditioned 1MZ that probably has about 280,000 km on it by now. For the most part, it is original and stock.

Some things I have done, are to install a K & N hi-flow panel filter, and renew the front brakes with new rotors, as well as new iridium spark plugs and Bosch leads. And for the **** factor, it now has blue LED interior lighting, Pioneer speakers, and an amplified sub, but the stock head unit stays because it sounds great, and works with the factory Fuitsu stacker. Because I give it a fair flogging, oils are done at about every 5-6 thousand km, typically Nulon. No smoke, quick to warm-up, runs smoothly and at the right temp, and starts every day, only 2-cranks in.

I can't get enough of the efficiency of the 1MZ, and love the 'swift' (hoon) feeling of the it, even though it is an auto. Currently, even with relatively sticky tyres, it'll light-up the front-end even in the dry, and I'd be inclined to say it's zippy enough if it's already got me booked for speeding. A very comfortable and reliable daily driver, with some fun thrown in.

The bad, the suspension is rooted. Flat-out stuffed. I also have a noisy rear-left bearing, or warped rotor. It is pending investigation and funds.

Future plans, are an opened-up exhaust system, and maybe an ECU job.. I'm an Auto Elec, so how hard could it be? Now I've said that, it'll probably give me hell...

I'll try and get a picture or two up tomorrow.

Well, thank you all, and expect some questions from me in the near future. Cheers!