Best way to wire a Mono amp

Benja

Just basically wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I have a 2007 zr6 and im about to wire an amp and sub in, whats the best side to go down and are there any major obsticles?

Just remember to put your power down one side and the RCA down the other side. I don't think there is any difference which side you put power and RCA and vice verse.

The biggest obstacle I came across would be if you're using an after market HU and you haven't done the cabling yet that can be a pain in the *****. So make sure you use the wiring guide found in the FAQ and the after market HU manual. Also another I found bit difficult was running the power through the nipple on the passenger side but is doable. If I have done it, anyone can.

Thanks mate, i'm still having a browse at aftermarket HUs. Got any suggestions? I found one for about $350 that looked decent, i'm after good quality sound and an AUX input basically

• 3 weeks later...

There's a grommet that you can easily run your positive wire through, I've got 2 Zero gauge wires run to a buzz bar in the boot, which has 2 capcells hooked up to it. It then runs the positive on my amplifiers and my fosgate Three.sixty.3. I then grounded my second (Negative) buzz bar off my rear strut towers with 3 zero gauge wires, which also connect to the negatives of my capcells and my amplifiers. Then I built a shielded tube to run all 5 sets of RCA cables through, which passes under my cabin.