Staggered fitment of wheels/tyres cause issues with TCS?

VIPZR6

Couldn't see that it had been covered previously so here goes.

Will the TCS system in the aurion have a fit if the diameter of the front/rear rolling diameter is ever so slightly different? Only talking a couple of percent here but not sure how sensitive it is. Obviously the way to overcome it is run a combination of tyres that have roughly the same diameter front to back.

In any case, running 8.5" front with 235/35-19s and 9.5" rear with 245/35-19 likely to cause issues? I know there's going to be a lot more stretch on the rear with this profile, whether or not its going to be too much is the question

the recommened tyre size for 19" wheels on an aurion is 245/35/19, and you've got that at the rears. the fronts would therefore be a little smaller than recommended. usually, if you want the fronts to be the same as the backs in terms of tyre size whilst achieving a staggered fitment, the general rule would be to follow the principle that a change of a 5 in the aspect ratio constitutes to a change of 20mm in the tyre width. so my suggestion would be to have 245/35/19 at the front and 265/30 at the back if you aim for the sizes to be almost identical. the 265 at the rears would obviously fit on a 9.5 wide wheel better than 245. i would think the TCS would be compromised too much, since the rears are providing more grip, as for the speedo reading, the 245 front tyre which is on a TRD would be close to 215/55/17 and 215/60/16.

Edited by Noodle Boy

Josh you'll have to let us know how ur setup goes, I'm looking at something pretty much the same but just not sure how it'll go with my lowered springs. You on standard springs or down low also?

• 2 weeks later...

Wheels and tyres are on today, will let you know how I go. So far only driven from the tyre shop to the front of work (which is next door) so only hit a top speed of 35 :P