AE93 Intake. What does this do?

Good day people's.

In the photo's you will see that my intake pipe is stuffed.

Big crack in it hence all the tape so NEEDS replacing.

Now the very FEW stock intake pipes i have found to replace it with are quite pricey which i am not willing to pay.

Anyways i just need to know what a certain hose and connection does so i know if i can disconnect it or not as my new hose wont have the connection available.

(I also understand i will lose the resinator by replacing the standard pipe but my way of thinking is if i replace it with a high flow intake then the resinator becomes irellivent as there will be plenty of air available when the foot gets pushed to the floor. Correct me if I'm wrong)

anyways what does this do.

Connects from the very start of the intake pipe, over to ???? then back over to the throttle body/tps area. This particular hose is missing a clamp and sitting loose on the nipple anyway?

Is this important and has to stay connected or can it go.

I guess if its necessary i can cut a small hole and put a nipple into the pipe I'm going to use so this can be connected. If necessary as thats a pain haha.

Cheers.

IMAG0168_zps94918885.jpg

IMAG0169_zps4292ba45.jpg

You will probably notice a few other split hoses and missing clamps.

All this is getting replaced or fixed too haha.