Aurion a good buy?

Hi all, this my first ever post. We have two 8+ year old vehicles, a Camry and a Corolla. The Corolla is a far superior build (Japanese) and definately a keeper, the Camry is being considered for replacement. Both cars have been extremely reliable and we will continue to buy Toyota.

We've been looking at Aurions, Perth suddenly has quite a few ex rental AT-X models all under $20,000, around 30,000kms on the clock, and generally the bodywork has been ok except for chips on the bonnet or scuffs below the rego plate. That alone has put me off but I can't say I like the idea of buying ex rentals as I think the drivers probably haven't treated the cars with a great deal of respect.

Can anyone advise just how good the Aurion is as a replacement for the Camry and is it capable of receiving a thrashing by car renters?

I'm looking at a car up to 2 years old, want to keep it another 6 or 7 years and preferrably white as I'm expecting it to be hit here in Perth and white is an easier colour to match. All our cars have been hit by coffee drinking/mobile phone using/lane cutting clowns. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Nick

Many cars have now reached close to 200,000km on the odometer, and yet I'd suspect that they're still running fine. A bloke on this forum recently sold his which had around 300,000km. As long as maintenance on the vehicle is kept to schedule, the car should be fine. Therefore, check the service history before purchasing. Considering the engine is built by Toyota, and the fact that it's been used in its luxury brand Lexus, I doubt they are going to produce major problems unless they're in the hands of a total idiot.