Fuel economy

Stua76

Hi guys. Pick up my rukus build 2 on Thursday. Have ready ordered scion badges for it. Just wondering what kms you guys were getting from the 55itre tank?

• Like 1

I do city driving everyday and I am fairly heavy on the pedal and I average 9.6L/100km according to the on board computer... I don't wait till the tank is empty to fill up. On a full tank I usually get between 450-480 before I fill up....

i usually get the same, 420-450 a tank, usually costs me around 50-60 $$ per fill up, I usually just use E10 but i think I'll probably get some premium in there now and then, been told its a good idea to have a mix every so often. I'm not a insane driver, but i do speed and have a lead foot sometimes :P

I get about 450kms per tank ..

by the way to the above guy, Isn't e10 bad for the engine?

E10 has ethanol in it wich burns quicker but cleaner... It is a higher RON rated fuel so more power and won't damage the car as temps won't get high enough... I have used E85 before and the increase in power is noticeable in the pants dyno... It did feel quicker not 100% sure if it was or not though.....

• 9 months later...

Guys

E10 is ethol alchole, which is hydroscopic, which means it will absorb moisture. here in lies the problem, when to moisture combines with the ethanol it becomes corrosive, it will eat out the fuel system, unless the tank lines and injectors are synthetic or dont contain aluminium or glavinised steal. e10 also has less energy the normal fuels, so you use a little more than normal 91ulp, but because it burns SLOWER it raises the RON of the fuel ie, 91 ulp + 10% ethanole = @ 93.5 RON and this will (if you engine is able to via ecu adaptive learning) give you more torque and therefore technicaly more performance. so if it is cheaper gives you more bang and the car is designed to use it, go ahead, BUT i will never put it in my car. as it should in effect cost 3 to 4 cents per litre less than 91ulp due to the increases fuel consumption. do some research to who makes ethanol and political donations to parties, and who is in power and the legislation of that state in regard to renewable fuels, YOU may be suprised.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...