Toyota Service 15,000km reminder

DeafDave76

HI,

Twice I have received a letter from Toyota Scarborough reminding me that my car needed its 15,000km service. I was like "that's ridiculous!". My sticker does say 15,000 km and November which is this month.

But here's the kicker.....my car only just done 4,500 kms since I picked it up from 0 kms in June. So the question is...do I follow the month or do i follow the 15,000 km?

I remember reading somewhere that most people go for kms regardless wherein the 3 year warranty and some go for the month the service is needed.

So...without further ado...what's your take on this? Remember I am on my 2nd Aurion but totally brand new, starting from zero kms.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

I get letters too from my Toyota dealership that don't match what is on the sticker, I called them and they told me that the services are to do with whatever comes first be it the month or kilometres, I told them what the sticker said and they told me that the mechanics sometimes put the wrong dates or kilometers on them because they service so many different cars that they sometimes can't remember how long it is between services. I had a 2003 Camry 4cyl and when the new shape came out with the same motor they service time and k's where different. Something to do with the oil or that cars go longer between services because of all the electronic stuff that monitors if anything goes wrong, like if the 'check' light comes on from the ECU telling you to contact toyota because the computer has picked up something in one of it's sensors that is not right.

Would give them a call and ask why, I got mine new in 2010, I have only done 16500km but it has to be serviced within three months of the date they specify or the kilometers or your warranty get voided, but check with them to be sure and see what they have to say, I know it's a warranty issue if you don't get the regular services done.

Cheers

If you skip services don't go ranting on the forum about how toyota won't fix your sludged up engine under warranty

Also have you read the owners or service book?

It pretty clearly states thats the car should be serviced either at a certain number of kms or a certain number of months, whichever comes first

Sorry If i sound rude, but I just don't get the whole "service my car? nah i'll just skip a few services, and then skip all the expensive ones, should be sweet.....oh **** motor crapped itself, toyota won't fix it, never buying toyota again" attitude people have towards their cars

Edited by viper33

Hi Dave,

I get letters too from my Toyota dealership that don't match what is on the sticker, I called them and they told me that the services are to do with whatever comes first be it the month or kilometres, I told them what the sticker said and they told me that the mechanics sometimes put the wrong dates or kilometers on them because they service so many different cars that they sometimes can't remember how long it is between services. I had a 2003 Camry 4cyl and when the new shape came out with the same motor they service time and k's where different. Something to do with the oil or that cars go longer between services because of all the electronic stuff that monitors if anything goes wrong, like if the 'check' light comes on from the ECU telling you to contact toyota because the computer has picked up something in one of it's sensors that is not right.

Would give them a call and ask why, I got mine new in 2010, I have only done 16500km but it has to be serviced within three months of the date they specify or the kilometers or your warranty get voided, but check with them to be sure and see what they have to say, I know it's a warranty issue if you don't get the regular services done.

Cheers

You got it right the mechanics were making mistakes. I left an email message to scarborough toyota and they got back to me within 20 mins saying the sticker is wrong. My initial service is actually in April 2013 or 15,000 kms whichever comes first!

At least I am happy I won't have to spend the x-mas money on unnecessary service.