2008 corolla starting issues

just had the 80,000km service $640 and after getting it back it struggles to start if left to sit after it has been driven, such as going into a shopping centre and then it takes a few good seconds before it picks up cylinders.

it has been back to toyota three times now and at first they had no idea after checking a few things and replacing o rings on the fuel filter, i had a phone call that they think it could be the fuel regulator and so two more days without our car.

dose anyone have any knowledge about such?

i am not going to say anything bad about the toyota dealership where it is and it could just be a coincidence and not any ones fault, just curious if this has happened to anyone else and do the fuel regulators cause such issue.

there was a post about doing the 80,000km service at home that brought me here that i found via google and i was curious if any one else had experienced such an issue as it sounds like it could be fixed under warranty

Edited by whysmee2

mate i had the exact same problem i thought it was the starter motor but it turned out the battery didn't have enough volts to crank the car, should have a look at that.

Most likely a fuel filter not fitted right

80k service includes a fuel filter replacement, and if an o ring gets pinched while fitting this is a pretty common symptom

well have it back now and all is good, has new fuel regulator and was done free of charge.

on the first day toyota had the car investigating we had the service deparment bosses personal car the new aurion sportivo and when we went back we were given a standard aurion gold class car as replacement until the issue was sorted, so what started as frustration ended up being worth paying to get the 80,000km service done and we will be back to toyota to inform them all is good.

with the post about the battery i have heard such and read such before and i guess even though the battery still has reasonable crank amps voltage changes as i understand are a big deal to the computer and i guess such as with the 1988 V6 camry my girlfriend had prior did such