Need a clutch and flywheel replacement for 2zz - pls help

joeyee

I am in a market to get a clutch and flywheel replacement and just wonder if anyone has ever come across a fidenza before. I found it on a website from monkeywrenchracing. Just wonder which Clutch has anyone used with?

Fidanza Flywheel-Toyota Celica GTS, Corolla/Matrix 2ZZ, Elise

http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=182_215_224&products_id=900&osCsid=5rh5h2oe0qs95175m9gsuel801

Also found they have a part call Friction Surface for the flywheel, no idea what this is for?

Can you please advice what this part is designed for?

Friction Surface for Toyota 1ZZ and 2ZZ Fidanza Flywheels

http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=182_215_224&products_id=1084

I also struggle to go 1-2 gears and heard something can be fixed, please advice.

My clutch is due for a replacement as well but im at a stage where i'm questioning the $$$

Car has done 200K on the clock , is it worth getting a HD clutch or sticking with Exedy standard.

With prices quoted $1k for exedy HD clutch it will work out to be an expensive affair getting all other fancy stuff plus shipping too.

the flywheel is 2 piece. the friction surface is what the clutch plate runs against, instead of machining the flywheel you can replace just the "friction surface" or machine it if its in machineable condition

For real? Search function we have all heard of fidanza .. As for mwr we've all blight from it for years..

Do a search on what the fix might be for harsh gear changes

Oil

Adjustment

Clutch

Pushrod

Cables

Any one of em

Or worse

Syncro

I GOT QUOTED 1200 bucks for exedy clutch for the sillycar from local suppliers but i picked up act clutch of monkeywrench for half that so my suggestion is that you get stuff from them

or just call NPC here in brisbane and get something cheaper :P

they make flywheels to order also for any application at good prices

If going to the heavy duty clutch at NPC also ask for the TRD pressure plate, costs a bit more but the pedal feel is a lot more consistent and you can feel the clutch a lot better.

It doesnt have trd written on it or anything fancy its just a slightly better construct and different steel used in the friction surface.

Dave they just saw u coming haha. :P

Edited by daniboy

I can't quite remember what the brand was but I got a stage 2 light weight flywheel and clutch kit for $650 Was a F1 purchased it if Ebay :) Gave me extra HP aswell the rev jumps up alot quicker.

Installation of it was done by Tunex in Harbour Town - was charged about $500 for the install. Was really happy with it. Not a very hard job to replace, just need to remove the wheel hub from what I heard. I was quoted about 3500 from Toyota and that was with standard clutch.

Also - When this was replaced it fixed that ****ty 1st - 2nd gear shift. I complained to Toyota about that **** for ages - Even managed to get a brand new gearbox outta em - Pity that didn't fix it but I got a new gearbox at 75k so not complaining :)

You don't need a heavy duty clutch in your car unless you are putting down alot of power - My stivo is approx 190 HP and the clutch is rated to about 275 hp - IMHO suit the clutch to your car and your needs.